Project Assistant – Brussels, Belgium
Position Title: Project Assistant
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Hours & Compensation: Unpaid.
Position Dates: April 2013, six month duration.
Application Deadline: March 25, 2013.
The Association of Cities and Regions for Recycling and sustainable Resource management (ACR+) is an international network of members who share the common aim of promoting the sustainable consumption of resources and management of waste through prevention at the source, reuse and recycling.
It currently has nearly 100 members, mainly local and regional authorities as well as national networks of local authorities representing around 1100 municipalities.
ACR+ also welcomes other key players in the sustainable resource-product-waste management field, such as NGOs, academic institutions or private organisations, as partner members.
The internship will offer a wide range of activities, focusing on topical research and communication tasks around several important European projects centred on municipal waste prevention and waste recycling. The successful candidate will work above all on such as the “European Week for Waste Reduction” and the “EPR Club”, focusing on Extended Producer Responsibility. S/he will also be involved in preparing ACR+ publications and reports, as well as have an opportunity to take part in different thematic events.
- Providing support to the ACR+ Project Managers in delivering the different tasks for which ACR+ is responsible in the projects and liaise with the European partners
- Research work on waste prevention and recycling: identification and description of good practices, research and processing of data and statistics, elaboration of monitoring and benchmark tools, recommendations
- Drafting technical papers, news, articles and information material
- Elaborating and disseminating communication tools: leaflets, newsletters, posters, website, blog, etc
- Editing and maintaining projects websites
- Providing general support to the activities of the ACR+ Secretariat
- Excellent command of French and English – knowledge of any other language is an asset
- University degree with relevant knowledge in environmental topics
- Good communication skills (oral and written)
- Organised working style, pro-active attitude
- Ability to work in a team as well as autonomously
How to Apply: Send your cover letter and CV (max. 1 page each, in English) by e-amil. A selection procedure by e-mail/phone will be organized for the shortlisted candidates.
Association of Cities and Regions for Recycling and Sustainable Resource Management, http://www.acrplus.org
Job URL: http://www.acrplus.org/Vacancies