Carbon Program Associate – Washington, D.C.
Organization: Ecosystem Marketplace
Position Title: Carbon Program Associate
Location: Washington, D.C.
Application Deadline: March 22, 2013. Early submissions encouraged.
Posted On: March 14, 2013.
Ecosystem Marketplace, a project of the non-profit Forest Trends, is a comprehensive source of information and analysis on payments for ecosystem services and environmental markets. For more about Ecosystem Marketplace, visit our website (www.ecosystemmarketplace.com).
Ecosystem Marketplace is seeking a Carbon Program Associate to join its global team. The Program Associate will support and grow the Ecosystem Marketplace Carbon Program’s range of activities, coordinating with the Ecosystem Marketplace Director to expand the Carbon Program’s scope of influence, products, and profile – with a focus on forest carbon markets.
- Oversee management and promotion of EM’s online Forest Carbon Portal website and Project Inventory
- Coordinate, research and co-author the State of the Voluntary Carbon Markets (May) and Forest Carbon Markets(Oct.) reports – or oversee report development within team if not authoring/co-authoring
- Identify opportunities to represent Ecosystem Marketplace at relevant conferences – including coordinating with local and international partners to plan and host topical networking events
- Serve as a source of expertise on carbon markets for Ecosystem Marketplace and Forest Trends
- Guide the growth and development of and directly contribute to Ecosystem Marketplace’s research, articles, news briefs and reports on the carbon markets
- Assist in management of relationship between forest carbon project and finance tracking initiatives
- Work as a part of a team to raise funds for program activities
- Write feature articles for the Ecosystem Marketplace website and assist in commissioning journalists to write other articles
- Help with hiring and managing of any consultants, interns, or research assistants
- Strong expertise in or knowledge of the carbon markets – ideally forest carbon project development and/or finance
- A graduate degree or equivalent experience
- Excellent analytical, writing, information and client management and research skills
- A strong interest in internet-based outreach and ability to organize and clearly communicate information
- Ability to absorb information and produce accurate written research under tight deadlines
- Comfort working with editorial team, including providing training and coaching to staff on topics of desired writing style and content
- Desire to bring own ideas to table to expand and sharpen EM products and research scope
- The ability to work independently and with a team
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook, Access and Excel
- Web-design, Spanish and/or French and/or Portuguese, and statistics skills a plus
- Willingness to travel: 5-10% of time
How to Apply: Send CV and cover letter to Molly Peters-Stanley, firstname.lastname@example.org
Ecosystem Marketplace, http://www.ecosystemmarketplace.com