Sustainable Technology Research Fellow – Oberlin, OH
Position Title: Sustainable Technology Research Fellow
Location: Oberlin, OH
Hours & Compensation: Full-time, one-year position (renewal for additional years contingent on grant funding. Salary is commensurate with qualifications.
Position Dates: One-year position, to start on June 1, 2013.
Application Deadline: Review of applications will start on March 30 and continue until filled.
Posted On: March 14, 2013.
The Environmental Studies Program at Oberlin College invites applications for the position of Sustainable Technology Research Fellow.
- Assist in the development and management of “Environmental Dashboard”, a novel technological system that provides community residents with environmentally and socially contextualized real-time feedback on electricity and water flows and environmental conditions through residential and commercial buildings and through cities. More information on the project can be found at www.oberlindashboard.org.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Advanced computer skills
- Leadership potential
- Strong organizational potential
- Excited by the opportunity to develop and manage novel technology designed to motivate and empower citizens to take care of the environment.
- Reliability, creativity, ability to independently trouble shoot and solve technical problems
- General hardware and software problem solving skills and experience
- Scripting (e.g. php)
- Database management (SQL)
- System administration and system management experience
- Web design (HTML, XML)
- Project management experience
It is not essential that applicants have all of these skills and experiences, but we are looking for someone who has substantial knowledge of computer systems and the demonstrated ability to learn and teach themselves new skills as needs arise.
How to Apply: Applicants should submit a resume, along with a cover letter describing qualifications and interest in the position and contact information for at least three references to: Dr. John Petersen, Oberlin College, 122 Elm Street, Oberlin, OH 44074 or email@example.com.