Harry R. Hughes Center for Agro-Ecology, Inc. (Queenstown, Maryland)
Harry R. Hughes Center for Agro-Ecology, Inc.
The mission of The Harry R. Hughes Center for Agro-Ecology, Inc. is to:
- Develop and encourage economically viable and environmentally sound agriculture, forestry and natural resources practices and policies and to support and enhance integrated research, outreach and public policy initiatives towards that end
- Improve broad public understanding of and support for the interrelationships and interdependencies among agricultural and forestry production, natural resource protection and open space preservation
- Seek support for enhanced research and education efforts from federal, state, local and private sources
- Promote consensus-building activities by diverse stakeholders who are concerned with emerging agriculture, forestry and natural resource issues
- Work cooperatively with organizations, institutions and individuals on the education, research and public policy issues set forth above, notably including the University of Maryland.
Issue Areas – Action Issues
- Nutrient Management Studies
- Traditional Agriculture
- Alternative Agriculture
- Land Use
- Agricultural Economic Development
Student Name and Class Year: Jennifer Dindinger, MS ’04
If you are interested in getting in touch with this student/alum, please contact Caroline Ramaley, firstname.lastname@example.org