Renewable Energy Policy Research Intern – Portland, OR
Organization: Renewable Northwest Project
Position Title: Renewable Energy Policy Research Intern
Location: Portland, OR
Hours & Compensation: 40 hours/week. $10/hour.
Position Dates: 10 week summer position.
Application Deadline: April 12, 2013.
Posted On: March 22, 2013.
The Renewable Northwest Project is a nonprofit advocacy group based in Portland, Oregon. RNP is a coalition of environmental and consumer groups and energy developers who promote the implementation of clean, renewable energy in the Northwest region (Washington, Oregon, Idaho, and Montana). We work to get proposed wind, solar and geothermal projects into the ground, push for policies promoting renewables and energy efficiency, and nurture the market for green power.
The intern will assist RNP in conducting research and/or outreach work in one or more projects to be completed over 10 weeks during the summer.
The following are examples of some possible internship projects. The decision of which projects(s) the position will focus on will depend greatly on the skills of the final candidates.
- Collect and organize data on NW utility voluntary consumer green power programs and create a summary for publication.
- Collect data on utility Renewable Portfolio Standard compliance in Washington, Oregon and Montana, and create a summary to educate the public on the success and value of the policies.
- Collect information on the economic impacts of the wind and solar energy industries in the Northwest and compile a report;
- Research information on a number of renewable energy issues and create fact sheets and web content for use in renewable energy advocacy work. Topics may include renewable energy technologies, environmental benefits, economic impacts, consumer education issues, etc.
- Excellent research and writing skills
- Understanding of renewable energy and/or Northwest energy issues
How to Apply:
To submit an application, send the following materials via email by April 12, 2013. The email version must be sent by the deadline to be considered. Incomplete applications will not be considered. A complete application will include:
- Cover letter (Include a few sentences on which of the projects above is most interesting to you and why);
- Current resume;
- A writing sample of 3 to 5 pages that highlights your writing and research skills on a topic of your choosing;
- List of three references. (Please include name, title, relationship to applicant, phone number and/or email address)
Please include the four requested documents as MS Word, PDF or rich text format (RTF) document attachments. Documents in other formats may not be considered.
Send electronic files via email to:
Electronic file version should be in either PDF, RTF, or Microsoft Word format.
Please direct questions to:
Renewable Northwest Project, http://www.RNP.org
421 SW 6th Avenue, Suite 1125, Portland, OR 97204