Vermont Farm Viability Program Intern – Montpelier, VT
Organization: Vermont Housing & Conservation Board
Position Title: Vermont Farm Viability Program Intern
Location: Montpelier, VT
Hours & Compensation: Hours are flexible: 25-40 hours/week for up to 12 weeks. $8.60/hour. Personal transportation will be necessary, mileage will be reimbursed.
Position Dates: Up to 12 weeks.
Application Deadline: April 10, 2013.
Posted On: March 27, 2013.
The Vermont Farm Viability Program provides business planning to Vermont farmers in order to enhance the long-term economic viability of the state’s agriculture. Farmers enrolled in the Program work one-on-one with a farm business advisor to improve marketing, production planning, and business and financial management skills. Advisors tailor their assistance to fulfill each business’ specific needs and goals.
The Vermont Farm Viability Program is seeking an intern to conduct research and outreach and to assist in event planning for conferences and trainings, as well as other projects as they arise. Work would involve a combination of travel to farms and office time.
- Site visits to enrolled farms and photography of enrolled farmers
- Writing articles or stories about participants
- Surveying participants to gather business information
- Attending agricultural workshops and events to conduct outreach for the program
- Data analysis and database management
- Design work (outreach materials, website)
- Event planning
- Strong writing, communication, and interpersonal skills as well as the ability to work independently
- Proficiencies in any of the follow areas would be a particularly good match: outreach, event planning, photography, data management, or graphic design.
How to Apply: Send a letter of interest and resume to Liz Gleason, VHCB, 58 State Street, Montpelier, VT 05602.
Vermont Farm Viability Enhancement Program, http://www.vhcb.org/viability
VHCB, 58 East State Street, Montpelier, VT 05602