Senior Manager, Choose Clean Water Coalition – Annapolis, MD
Organization: National Wildlife Federation
Position Title: Senior Manager, Choose Clean Water Coalition
Location: Annapolis, MD
Hours & Compensation: Full-time.
Application Deadline: None posted.
Posted On: March 29, 2013.
Are you wild with ambition? Does the desire to achieve come naturally for you? Then you’re a perfect fit for The National Wildlife Federation. As the nation’s largest member-supported conservation organization, which is at the forefront of global warming issues, reconnecting our children with nature, and protecting America’s wildlife and habitat, we’re offering you every advantage to reach beyond your potential. You’ll excel in your role and accomplish goals that you can proudly stand behind, all while helping others move forward in their careers. Join us today and share more than your passion for wildlife. Share our mission to make a difference in the world.
The Choose Clean Water Coalition Senior Manger will lead the Coalition’s regional work to protect the Chesapeake Bay and all the rivers and streams flowing to it. This position will be responsible for coordinating campaign activities on multiple levels with over 200 organizations in the Chesapeake Bay watershed which includes Maryland, Virginia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, West Virginia, New York and the District of Columbia. Specifically, the Coalition Senior Manager will focus on planning and development of grassroots/grasstops outreach, political strategy, policy analysis, lobbying, media outreach, organizing of conferences and workshops, research, writing and fundraising. Additionally, the Coalition Senior Manager is responsible for managing 2-3 staff, contractors and supporting the work of the Coalition’s Steering Committee, its governing body.
Coordination and Staff Management
- Coordinate activities with other organizations in the Chesapeake Bay region. Ensure all aspects of campaign (regional, national, political, policy) are integrated. Supervise the Coalition’s Field Manager, Communications manager and contractors.
Campaign Strategy Planning/Modification
- Working with the Coalition’s Steering Committee and staff, develop annual priorities and work plans. Implement the Coalition’s 3-year (2012 – 2014) strategic plan.
- Working with staff and like-minded organizations, analyze Chesapeake Bay related federal legislation and rulemaking to advance water protection priorities in the U.S. Congress.
- Meeting with partner organizations to build relationships and leverage work being completed throughout the region.
- Working with partner organizations, grassroots activists and grasstops leaders to promote federal protections and funding for Chesapeake Bay restoration.
- Working to secure additional Coalition funding from new resources for the expansion and continuation of the Coalition’s efforts.
- College degree. Advanced degree desirable.
- At least 5 years progressively responsible senior level experience required in developing and implementing advocacy campaigns, grassroots organizing, media, and environmental advocacy.
- Experience with water resources management or Chesapeake Bay policy a plus.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Proven capacity to design, implement and modify a regional campaign plan.
- Ability to coordinate various levels of staff activities to meet program goals.
- Proven collaborative leader.
How to Apply: Interested candidates, please submit resume and cover letter to http://www.nwf.org/How-to-Help/Jobs-at-NWF.aspx.
National Wildlife Federation, http://www.nwf.org
Mid-Atlantic Regional Center, 706 Giddings Avenue, Suite 2C, Annapolis, MD 21401