Environmental Health Education Intern – Washington, D.C.
Organization: National Environmental Education Foundation (NEEF)
Position Title: Environmental Health Education Intern
Location: Washington, D.C.
Hours & Compensation: 20-40 hours/week. Unpaid.
Position Dates: Approximately 3 months. Start April/May 2013.
Application Deadline: Accepted until filled.
NEEF is the nation’s leading organization in lifelong environmental learning, connecting people to knowledge they use to improve the quality of their lives and the health of the planet. We achieve this by providing knowledge to trusted professionals and other leaders who, with their credibility, amplify messages to national audiences to solve everyday environmental problems.
NEEF is seeking an Intern for the Health & Environment Program . The goal of the Health & Environment Program is to advance environmental knowledge among health professionals to improve the public’s health, with a special emphasis on children and underserved populations. The Program includes projects involving partnership with federal agencies, health professional organizations, and public health groups to provide environmental education to physicians, nurses, and other primary health case providers.
- Assist the Health & Environment program with planning, implementation, and evaluation activities for the Pediatric Asthma Initiative and Children and Nature Initiative . This will include assisting with program activities, updating environmental health materials, database entry and management, maintaining spreadsheets, mailing and tracking material distribution, and other administrative tasks upon request.
- Undergraduate or graduate students with an interest and some knowledge/background in environmental health issues and data analysis.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to handle, organize, and prioritize multiple tasks
- Possess a high-level of professionalism and enjoy working with a variety of people
- Strong computer and literature search skills
National Environmental Education Foundation, http://www.neefusa.org
4301 Connecticut Avenue NW, Suite 160, Washington, D.C. 20008