Responsible Business Internship – New York, NY
Organization: The B Team
Position Title: Responsible Business Intern
Location: New York, NY
Hours & Compensation: 30-40 hours/week. Unpaid.
Position Dates: June – August 2013.
Application Deadline: None posted.
Posted On: April 5, 2013.
The B Team is an organization with a single purpose: to make business work better by shifting the focus from just financial gains, towards environmental and social gains as well.
To achieve this vision, The B Team is organizing Challenges, each led by a B Team Leader, which empower businesspeople around the world to transform how business is done.
Our founding leaders are Sir Richard Branson (founder of Virgin Group) and Jochen Zeitz, (Chairman of Puma). The B Team has been incubated by Virgin Unite and co-founded by entrepreneur Derek Handley (our inaugural CEO) alongside a supporting community of partners, ensuring the independence to focus solely on what is best for people and the planet.
We are looking for an amazing group of interns to join us in our New York City office from now until the end of May, and from June until August. As an intern at The B Team, you’ll staff meetings and events, dive head-first into research about sustainable business and system change, hunt down awesome social media content, do administrative tasks, be lured to gaze out at our amazing view of downtown New York, show off your brilliance in creative brainstorming sessions, avail yourself of our massive snack wall, and basically help our team do all we can to make global business value people and the planet as much as they do profit.
You’ll also have the opportunity to work with a team that has decades of combined experience working for causes, starting businesses, producing world-class creative content, and trying to make the world run better. This is an unpaid position.
- are an undergrad or grad student in a program focused on business, sustainability, communications, international relations, public policy, or a related field or discipline.
- can commit to 15-24 hours per week between now and the end of May, and/or 30-40 hours per week from June – August, 2013.
- have a broad understanding of the movement toward sustainable business, and a desire to learn all there is to know about it.
- are fluent in social media. You’ve used hash tags to navigate Twitter, have a favorite blog, and have “Liked” something on Facebook in the last day or two.
- are cool, calm and collected in fast-paced environments.
- have a good sense of humor.
- add diversity of perspective, background, and experience to our global team of business professionals.
- are highly organized, and know how to manage your time.
- know how to communicate well, whether you’re writing a message to friends, a tweet, a research abstract, or a letter to heads of state.
- have previous research experience and strong analytical skills.
- can read long, aspirational bulleted lists.
Because we work with global stakeholders and a number of high profile leaders, it is imperative that you are articulate, flexible, responsible and 100% reliable.
How to Apply:
If you’re the person we’ve been looking for, send us a one-page letter at email@example.com explaining why you’re the right person for the job, along with a resume and sample of your written work you’re proud of.
The B Team, http://bteam.org
568 Broadway, New York, NY 10012