Government Affairs Internship – Washington, D.C.
Organization: Solar Energy Industries Association (SEIA)
Position Title: Government Affairs Intern
Location: Washington, D.C.
Hours & Compensation: 20-40 hours/week. Unpaid, but transportation stipend is available.
Position Dates: Duration of the summer. Start May 2013.
Application Deadline: Open until filled.
Posted On: April 1, 2013.
SEIA is the national trade association for solar energy companies in the U.S. With over 1,100 member companies, SEIA works to make solar energy a mainstream and significant energy source by expanding markets, strengthening the industry, and educating the public on the benefits of solar energy. For more information, see the SEIA website at www.seia.org.
SEIA is looking for 3 government affairs interns. The ideal candidates will be available 20-40 hours per week. Interns at SEIA will have the opportunity to be a part of a fast-paced high-energy government affairs team and to participate in federal advocacy efforts on behalf of the solar energy industry. The interns will be involved in all aspects of SEIA’s government affairs agenda, including renewable electricity standards, public lands, transmission, tax policy, and appropriations. Those with a legal background can be expected to assist on regulatory filings and proceedings.
- Legislative, regulatory, economic, and policy research
- Government relations
- Attend agency and Capitol Hill meetings
- Draft advocacy materials
- Member communication
- Interest in energy and environmental policy
- Strong writing skills
- Understanding of the legislative process
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Computer literacy (online research, familiarity with Word, Excel, etc.)
- Graduate or undergraduate student in political science/government, legal, economics, environmental studies, or other related field.
How to Apply:
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and a brief writing sample to Heather Whitpan, Government Affairs Administrator, at email@example.com.
Solar Energy Industries Association, http://www.seia.org
505 9th Street NW, Suite 800, Washington, D.C. 20004