Research and Writing Internship – location flexible
Organization: Recirculating Farms Coalition
Position Title: Research and Writing Intern
Location: Headquarters located in New Orleans, LA, but but intern may communicate virtually.
Hours & Compensation: 30 hours/week. Unpaid.
Application Deadline: None posted.
Posted On: April 4, 2013.
The Recirculating Farms Coalition is a national non-profit organization that supports building eco-friendly farms that use clean, recycled water to grow fresh, local, accessible food and create stable green jobs.
We are currently seeking 2 interns to research various topics relating to hydroponics, aquaponics and aquaculture and write and contribute to various products. You will increase skills to translate complex information into written and online outreach materials and learn methods of investigative research, advocacy writing and strategic thinking.
- Track news and research about recirculating farming, fisheries, and related topics
- Write and contribute to assorted materials including web text, fact sheets, reports, blogs and more
- Conduct background research on companies and organizations affiliated with recirculating farming
- Help to locate existing recirculating farms
- Strong passion for and commitment to both social and environmental justice
- Strong writing skills
- Some prior research experience
- Advanced degree or graduate student in science, policy, or journalism a plus
How to Apply:
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, and short writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to the mailing address below. Please specify that you are applying for the Research and Writing Internship as we have several internships posted.
Recirculating Farms Coalition, http://www.recirculatingfarms.org
5721 Magazine Street, Suite 191, New Orleans, LA 70115