Environmental Policy Internship – Washington, D.C.
Organization: Center for Effective Government
Position Title: Environmental Policy Intern
Location: Washington, D.C.
Hours & Compensation: Minimum of 20 hours/week. A monthly stipend of up to $500 may be provided.
Position Dates: Summer 2013.
Application Deadline: None posted.
Posted On: April 9, 2013.
For thirty years the Center for Effective Government has been working to build an open, accountable government that invests in the common good, protects people and the environment, and advances the national priorities defined by an active, informed citizenry. Our vision is one of a just and democratic society in which every individual can thrive.
The Center for Effective Government (formerly OMB Watch) seeks an environmental policy intern to work on environmental right-to-know and other issues involving government openness. The intern will work with staff to make sure that citizens have a right to know what their government does, how decisions are made, and how to make their voices heard.
- Research & Analysis – Monitor and evaluate new developments on environmental right-to-know and open government issues, such as hydraulic fracturing, toxics release inventory, e-government, and benefits of transparency.
- Communications & Outreach – Assist with writing and editing, including blog posts, newsletters, and social media.
- Program Assistance – Assist with program responsibilities as needed, including administrative and clerical tasks.
- Knowledge of, and interest in, public policy, environmental policy and governmental process.
- Enrolled in or recently completed an undergraduate or graduate program.
- Computer knowledge, including Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to quickly, clearly, and succinctly convey information in writing
- Other preferred, but not required, qualifications:
- Some prior knowledge of environmental policy and government transparency issues, such as academic coursework.
- Familiarity with HTML– a plus
- Available to work at least 20 hours per week.
How to Apply:
Email a compelling cover letter, resume, and a writing sample (no longer than three pages) to Sofia Plagakis, Policy Analyst, Environmental Right-to-Know, at email@example.com.
Center for Effective Government, http://www.foreffectivegov.org
2040 S Street NW, 2nd Floor, Washington, D.C. 20009
Job URL: http://www.foreffectivegov.org/ertk-internship