Greenleaf Internship – Chicago, IL
Organization: Greenleaf Advisors, LLC
Position Title: Intern
Location: Chicago, IL
Hours & Compensation: Full-time preferred, part-time considered. Unpaid.
Position Dates: Six months or longer preferred. Start and end dates are flexible.
Application Deadline: June 15, 2013.
Posted On: April 15, 2013.
The mission of Greenleaf Advisors is to support a healthy society by creating business strategies and nurturing partnerships that reduce adverse impacts on the environment and improve the quality of life for all. Greenleaf Advisors’ nonprofit affiliated research entity, Greenleaf Communities, NFP is committed to investigating problems that affect human and environmental health through engaging multidisciplinary research teams to inform policies and practices.
Greenleaf Advisors and Greenleaf Communities are seeking to fill internship positions to assist with a variety of projects and to help with the daily operations of both organizations. Interns should have aptitude, experience and interest in one or more of the following areas:
- Finance/Transaction services
- Research background information on potential clients and partners
- Financial and market analysis
- Assist with client and market engagements
- Assist with writing project proposals
- Assist with quarterly newsletters
- Contribute to social media updates and news articles for the website
- Research and write informational pieces on environmental topics
- Research foundations and other funding opportunities that align with our mission and track them in our foundation database
- Assist with writing grant proposals
- Support staff with budgeting, finances, and accounting needs
- Assist with event planning and preparation, such as meetings, presentations, fundraisers, and conferences
- Administrative tasks, such as purchasing, organizing, assisting with website updates, helping manage contact database, and attending meetings
- Possess research, writing and communication skills
- Minimum of undergraduate senior status; bachelor’s degree, graduate student, or master’s degree preferred
- Have a background in environmental or natural science, engineering, business, finance, communication, or interdisciplinary studies
- Be passionate about the environment and societal issues and Greenleaf’s mission of advancing a healthy and sustainable world
- Have access to a personal computer
- Be familiar with Microsoft Office
- Familiarity with WordPress and social media a plus
- Full-time preferred, but part-time considered; long-term duration such as six months or longer preferred, but shorter-term considered; start dates are flexible
How to Apply:
To apply, please send a resume and a one-page cover letter indicating your areas of interest, experience, and availability email@example.com.
Greenleaf Advisors, LLC and Greenleaf Communities, NFP, http://greenleafadvisors.net
100 N. Riverside Plaza, Chicago, IL 60606