Clean Transportation Program Manager – Beijing, China
Organization: The Innovation Center for Energy and Transportation
Position Title: Clean Transportation Program Manager
Location: Beijing, China
Hours & Compensation: Full-time. Competitive salary based on experience.
Application Deadline: May 31, 2013.
Posted On: April 19, 2013.
The Innovation Center for Energy and Transportation (iCET), a leading policy think-tank in the areas of low-carbon development and climate change, is an independent non-profit, professional organization registered in Beijing, China and California, USA. The core mission of iCET is to mitigate climate change through the promotion of low-carbon transportation, clean energy, energy efficiency and carbon registration practices and policies in China. iCET is a solutions-oriented organization and pursues its goals by actively developing projects with different stakeholders, both inside China and around the world.
Under the direct supervision of the Executive Director, and in coordination with other staff, the Clean Transportation Program Manager oversees/coordinates iCET’s three major transportation projects: Clean and Alternative Transportation Fuels, Clean and New Energy Vehicles, and Smart City/Transportation Planning. The manager will also support activities of the US-China Clean Tech Center (UCCTC) in specifically introducing US clean technologies to China.
Program Development and Implementation
- Help the Executive Director to set the strategic direction of the Clean Transportation Program in coordination with all upper management
- Participate in fundraising efforts to ensure continued support to existing projects and development of new projects
- Support staff by developing work plans, monitoring progress, and ensuring high-quality, timely output; provide English-language support to native Chinese staff
- Maintain and develop new linkages with partners in China and abroad
- Undertake technical analyses and offer technical advice to stakeholders
Capacity Building and Public Engagement
- Through communication with iCET staff, Chinese and global experts and other channels, keep track of trends and developments in clean transportation and propose how iCET can make contributions in these areas
- Represent iCET at meetings, workshops, seminars and conferences on vehicle and fuel-related topics
- Develop and enhance iCET’s public and media engagement, ensuring that iCET’s technical strengths are expressed to the general public to influence the way the public approaches transportation
Management and Organizational Development
- Manage, train and supervise transportation staff and interns
- Organize and participate in regular meetings
- Provide support and ideas for strategic development of the iCET Clean Transportation Program
Technical skills and knowledge
- Strong analytical skills, particularly in the areas of transportation, energy consumption and carbon emission;
- A theoretical understanding of sustainability and how sustainability is applied to products and/or services.
- Ability to undertake or supervise analysis of data in Excel and other tools
- A Master’s degree or higher in related sciences, engineering or public policy from a reputable academic institution, or specific related experience is highly desirable; Bachelor degrees with research experience can also qualify
- 2-3 years of work experience in a relevant field is required
- Work experience, education or training outside of China in order to bring international best practices is required.
Management and communication skills and knowledge
- Some knowledge and experience in project and staff management is desirable
- Innovative and culturally-aware both in management and project implementation
- Native or fluent English is required
- Chinese language skills are highly desirable
How to Apply: Please send your resume and cover letter to Dr. Feng An at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Innovation Center for Energy and Transportation, http://www.icet.org.cn
Rm. 1904, e-Tower Building, No. C12, Guanghua Road, Beijing, Beijing 100020, China