Summer Intern – Washington, D.C.
Organization: David Gardiner & Associates
Position Title: Intern
Location: Washington, D.C.
Hours & Compensation: Full-time, unpaid.
Position Dates: May 15 – August 30, 2013.
Application Deadline: April 30, 2013.
Posted On: April 17, 2013.
DGA is a strategic advisor to organizations seeking a sustainable future. We deliver practical, innovative and tailored solutions for businesses and non-profits through planning and leadership, research and analysis, and communications. Our extensive energy and sustainability knowledge, strong relationships with key decision makers and opinion leaders, and laser focus on your objectives provide the solutions necessary for you to succeed. Our seasoned professionals provide unparalleled service, straightforward strategies, and premium and highly-regarded results.
The intern will participate with DGA staff and principals with projects on diverse climate and energy policy issues such as:
- Electricity markets
- Electricity regulation
- Renewable energy financing and policy
- Commercial building retrofit financing
- Industrial energy efficiency
- Clean Air Act rules
The intern will work closely with all staff and principals to gain experience by attending meetings and briefings, performing research, attending relevant seminars, writing summaries, etc. We work with the intern to assign projects that will increase their knowledge in energy and climate issues while supporting their strengths and interests. Interns receive in-depth experience and exposure to DGA’s expertise and clients as they work with project supervisors who provide background information, clear direction, and feedback regarding the intern’s efforts.
DGA’s Summer Internship Program goal is for the intern to have a high-quality learning experience in a business environment which will increase their knowledge and experience, bolster their professional resume, and benefit from being a dedicated member of the DGA team and networking opportunities made available throughout the internship.
- Academic and/or work experience in climate and energy policy and sustainability and a strong interest in and thirst-for-learning-more about the field
- Enthusiasm for the process of finding solutions to climate and energy challenges
- Excellent won’t-quit-until-I-find-the-answer research and communication skills
- Independent worker and eager to ask questions
- Self-motivation and attention to detail
- Values high-quality work and importance of deadlines
- Familiarity with the US political process
- Flexibility, positive attitude, and sense of humor
How to Apply: Please submit resume, cover letter, and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org.
David Gardiner & Associates, http://www.dgardiner.com
910 17th Street NW, Washington, D.C. 20006