Conservation Finance Network Program Intern – Washington, D.C.
Organization: Island Press – Center for Resource Economics
Position Title: Conservation Finance Network Program Intern
Location: Washington, D.C.
Hours & Compensation: 40 hours/week. Compensation commensurate with experience.
Position Dates: 12 week internship with possibility of extension.
Application Deadline: May 17, 2013.
Posted On: May 2, 2013.
The Conservation Finance Network (CFN) is a new multi-institutional effort based at Island Press in Washington, D.C. This program is designed to help conservation practitioners utilize innovative funding and financing strategies for land and resource conservation. Our goal is to build a coordinated national network of practitioners, training activities, and aggregated resources that will advance the field of conservation finance, foster the creation of new ideas, and ensure that those ideas are implemented in policy and practice. We plan to do this by creating an infrastructure to support, train, disseminate, and promote the work of thought leaders, practitioners, and partner institutions.
We are seeking a Program Intern to assist with all aspects of the program, including research, website development, fundraising efforts, and strategic planning. The Program Intern will work closely with the Program Manager and Island Press’ Development team to strengthen CFN’s overall campaign.
- Provide support to the Program Manager in planning and executing programs and activities
- Research as needed on training techniques, funding prospects, and related topics
- Assist with website development, resource aggregation, and content uploads
- Assist with internal and external communication such as internal blog, program newsletter, and social media outreach
- Assist with fundraising activities
- Bachelor’s degree in either environmental or related field
- Understanding of current issues and demonstrated interest in land and resource conservation, conservation finance, and/or business and the environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with strong interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational abilities and ability to manage multiple projects
- Excellent attention to detail
- Must be able to exercise sound judgment and maintain confidentiality as appropriate
- Ability to think creatively and strategically to advance project and organizational goals
- Competency with Microsoft Office Suite and experience with Excel
- Experience with website design and content uploads a plus
How to Apply:
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 17, 2013.
Island Press, http://www.islandpress.org
2000 M Street NW, Washington, D.C. 20036