Environmental Scientist – Virginia, MN
Organization: Northeast Technical Services (NTS)
Position Title: Environmental Scientist
Location: Virginia, MN
Posted On: May 6, 2013.
NTS provides a broad spectrum of environmental services. Since 1985, NTS has evolved into a full-service environmental company providing consulting, engineering, engineering support services, data management, and water and wastewater treatment operation and management services to industrial, municipal, and state governmental clients. Our company is located in Virginia, Minnesota.
NTS is seeking an environmental scientist who can support natural resources and wetland projects including wetland delineations, regulatory permitting, project site investigation, stream assessments, habitat surveys and restoration site monitoring. I
In order to perform the tasks required in this position, the candidate will have a combination of coursework and applied experience in the following key areas:
- Midwestern/Northeastern U.S. flora, fauna and natural systems
- Soils classification, mapping and field evaluation, familiarity with NRCS Soil Surveys
- Wetland Delineation (formal wetland delineation training is preferred)
- Protected species surveys, habitat analysis and delineations
- Watershed-based hydrologic studies and restoration
- Water resources regulatory programs including U.S. ACOE Section 404, DNR Public Waters, MN WCA
- State/Federal Environmental review programs (EQB, NEPA, USFWS coordination)
- BS in natural resources, ecology, forest resources, soil science, wildlife management, biology, or related discipline
- Master’s degree preferred
- 1-3+ years of experience with environmental projects
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office and ARC GIS
- Excellent technical writing and communication skills
- Ability to work long hours in a variety of weather and field conditions
- Willingness to travel as project requires
How to Apply:
Please contact NTS at email@example.com or NTS, Attn: Human Resources, PO Box 1142, Virginia, MN 55792-1142.