International Division Research Assistant – The Plains, VA
Organization: American Bird Conservancy
Position Title: International Division Research Assistant
Location: The Plains, VA
Hours & Compensation: Full-time. Modest compensation may be available.
Position Dates: Approximately May 20 – August 14, 2013. Dates are flexible.
Application Deadline: None posted.
American Bird Conservancy (ABC) is the only conservation group whose sole mission is to conserve native wild birds and their habitats throughout the Americas. ABC accomplishes its mission through direct action and by engaging the people, groups, resources, and strategies needed to succeed. It undertakes the full spectrum of bird conservation issues using advocacy and habitat conservation strategies.
American Bird Conservancy (ABC) is seeking a research assistant to assist the International Program with multiple projects. The person should also be able to work independently during short periods when the supervisor might be traveling internationally.
- Writing, editing, and formatting potential scientific publications based on ABC-funded research in coordination with our international partners. Examples could include works using data from studies on Polylepis forests, MAsked Antpitta distribution and breeding behavior, bird surveys in Costa Rica and Peru, among others.
- Writing, editing, and formatting popular syntheses. Examples could include Neotropical Birds Online accounts and online birding sites profiles.
- Interested in science, birds, and conservation
- Advanced undergraduate or graduate student
- Able to write clearly and concisely
- Experience publishing scientific articles in peer-reviewed journals preferred
- Ability to read and write in Spanish preferred
- Experience with GIS and statistical analysis desired
How to Apply: Please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
American Bird Conservancy, http://www.abcbirds.org
P.O. Box 249, 4249 Loudoun Avenue, The Plains, VA 20198-2237