Conservation Vision Program Manager – San Francisco, CA
Organization: The Trust for Public Land
Position Title: Conservation Vision Program Manager
Location: San Francisco, CA
Hours & Compensation: 40 or more hours per week, depending on project load and trips. $25 – $29/hour. No benefits.
Position Dates: One year position, with the potential to extend to a permanent position.
Application Deadline: None posted.
Posted On: May 8, 2013.
The Trust for Public Land (TPL) is a national, nonprofit, land conservation organization that conserves land for people to enjoy as parks, community gardens, historic sites, rural lands, and other natural places, ensuring livable communities for generations to come.
This position will manage delivery of Greenprints (long-range, community-driven conservation plans) and other projects related to the organization’s Conservation Vision and GIS Department. The Conservation Vision Program Manager will report to the Associate Director of Conservation Vision based in San Francisco with a dotted line relationship to the Conservation Vision/GIS Program Director. This is a full-time, non-benefitted position that is currently funded for 1 year , but that may be extended/become permanent.
- Manages Greenprint and other conservation planning projects. This includes forming and managing steering committees; conducting targeted interviews; overseeing current conditions research; preparing for and facilitating meetings, supervising development of outreach materials; and overseeing budgets and personnel.
- Supports local community-based teams in completing Greenprint and other Vision project work plans, including scheduling calls, site visits, and internet-based meetings.
- Presents TPL Visions case study materials to TPL staff and partners
- Conducts research and writing related to new projects and new project potentials. This includes research and writing about places where The Trust for Public Land is starting projects and investigating places that may be suitable for new projects. May assist in developing mateireals for donor meetings.
- Updates case studies and working with marketing team on improving branding around our services and products.
- Completes other tasks as needed.
- Candidate must have superior project management, research, writing, evaluation, and public speaking skills.
- Undergraduate degree required, ideally with coursework in environmental studies, ecology or planning. Advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum four years post-college work experience managing complex planning projects.
- Excellent presentations and facilitation skills with demonstrated ability to develop strategiec approaches to stakeholder involvement and meeting facilitation.
- Experience working with state and local governments, including upper-level agency staff and elected officials.
- Knowledge of land use issues, park and open space issues, and growth management.
- We are seeking a candidate who can manage multiple complex projects under tight deadlinesa and can work efficiently and competently with project team and with extrenal partners.
How to Apply: Submit Resume and Cover Letter: http://tpl.catsone.com/careers/?portal.
The Trust for Public Land, http://www.tpl.org
101 Montgomery St., San Francisco, CA 94104