Coalition for Resource Recovery Program Associate – New York, NY
Position Title: Coalition for Resource Recovery Program Associate
Location: New York, NY
Hours & Compensation: Full-time. $30,000 – $40,000.
Application Deadline: Applications accepted immediately.
Founded in 1994 by activist and philanthropist Diane Meyer Simon, Global Green is the American Arm of Green Cross International (GCI), which was created by President Mikhail S. Gorbachev to foster a global value shift toward a sustainable and secure future by reconnecting humanity with the environment. Global Green USA is the only national environmental non-profit headquartered in Southern California with offices in New Orleans, Washington DC, and New York, and is one of 31 national GCI affiliates throughout the world.
Global Green USA is seeking a dynamic Program Associate for its Coalition for Resource Recovery, an industry working group dedicated combating climate change and generating business value through turning waste into assets. The Coalition identifies and promotes effective waste diversion technologies and programs through conducting pilots. This position will report to Directors of the NY Office & Coalition for Resource Recovery with additional guidance from the President and CEO, and the COO. This position requires previous experience and exceptional communications, organizational, analytical skills, as well as a passion for waste reduction. The ideal candidate should possess the ability to multi-task, set priorities, take initiative and work independently as well as a part of a team.
- Plan conference sessions and events to facilitate industry and stakeholder knowledge and to assist in meeting annual programmatic targets;
- Assist in field work and site visits, including facilitating and documenting waste sorts, product testing and evaluation, and other activities;
- Develop written and video content for the website as well as promotional literature for programs;
- Calculate energy, greenhouse gas and economic savings and evaluate operational performance of various waste diversion scenarios;
- Secure corporate participation in and support of pilot programs;
- Coordinate with corporate, non-profit, and municipal stakeholders to develop alignment, and secure participation in programmatic activiies;
- Assist in development activities, including drafting proposals that effectively express programmatic goals to philanthropic audiences.
- Knowledge of industrial ecology and systems thinking, sustainable production and consumption concepts, and emerging waste management policies in the U.S. and Europe;
- Excellent written communication skills, with a focus on social media/blogging as well as proposal writing;
- Experience conducting and/or interpreting life cycle assessments and economic or financial project evaluations;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills;
- Ability to perform under deadlines and changing schedules;
- Ability to work independently as well as on a team, as well as strong interpersonal skills;
- Strong computer skills. Microsoft Suite, Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Outlook, and G-mail calendar required. Adobe Creative Suite (Premier Pro, InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Dreamweaver), and HTML a plus;
- Photography and videography expertise are a plus;
- Masters degree in environmental sciences, engineering, economics, policy, urban planning, or management preferred.
How to Apply:
Qualified applicants should submit a resume, a writing sample and brief cover letter describing their interest in this position immediately to Global Green USA, via email firstname.lastname@example.org, please put CoRR Program Associate in the subject line. No phone calls please.
Global Green USA, http://www.globalgreen.org
Coalition for Resource Recovery, http://www.thecorr.org
350 Seventh Avenue, 17th Floor, New York, NY 10001
Job URL: http://www.globalgreen.org/jobs/127