Tom Graff Diversity Fellowship, US Climate Political Affairs – Washington, DC
Organization: Environmental Defense Fund
Position Title: Tom Graff Fellow
Location: Washington, D.C.
Hours & Compensation: Full-time. $45,000 annual salary plus benefits.
Position Dates: One year term fellowship, starting September 2013 and lasting through August 2014.
Application Deadline: None posted.
Posted On: June 10, 2013.
With world attention focused on both the environment and the economy, Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) is where policymakers and business leaders turn for win-win solutions. This leading green group, with programs from Boston to Beijing, has tripled in size over the past decade by focusing on strong science, uncommon partnerships and market-based approaches. You can be part of a vibrant workplace that welcomes diverse perspectives, talents and contributions, where innovation and a focus on results are a way of life.
The Tom Graff Diversity Fellowship Program at EDF is looking for diverse candidates who are seeking a professional experience in environmental advocacy. The fellowship is a full-time, one-year position focused on a project that is integral to EDF’s work in Climate and clean energy.
Climate change is the preeminent environmental challenge of our time. Solving this problem requires a broad political coalition pushing for aggressive action at all levels of government. EDF is especially interested in expanding partnerships with Latino organizations to explore new opportunities for collaboration on climate-related issues.
- Building partnerships with Latino organizations, grasstop influencers, political leaders and policy makers.
- Helping develop shared policy positions, linking both the Latino and environmental communities.
- Assisting in the development of communications strategies and materials.
- Monitoring and engaging with targeted grassroots campaigns in specific areas of the country.
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- 1 to 3 years of professional work experience in fast-paced, detail-oriented environment.
- Excellent research, writing, communication, and problem solving skills.
- Broad awareness and experience using social media and online research tools.
- Ability to work independently, and successfully hand and prioritize diverse, simultaneous tasks.
- Familiarity with environmental policy, particularly climate change, energy or air quality.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Written and oral proficiency in Spanish language strongly preferred. Additional language skills a plus.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should attach their cover letter and resume to the EDF application, together with references and transcripts.
Environmental Defense Fund, http://www.edf.org
1875 Connecticut Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20009