Research Assistant – Washington, D.C.
Organization: Center for Clean Air Policy
Position Title: Research Assistant
Location: Washington, DC
Hours & Compensation: Full-time. $28,000 – $32,000.
Position Dates: Position available immediately.
Application Deadline: None posted.
Posted On: June 17, 2013.Organization Overview:
Since 1985, CCAP has been a recognized world leader in climate and air quality policy and is the only independent, non-profit think-tank working exclusively on those issues at the local, national, and international levels. CCAP helps policymakers around the world to develop, promote and implement innovative, market-based solutions to major climate, air quality and energy problems that balance both environmental and economic interests.
CCAP is hiring for a research assistant based in Washington, D.C. The research assistant will support CCAP’s Mitigation Action Implementation Network (MAIN) initiative, which seeks to catalyze the development of climate change mitigation policies in developing countries in Latin America and Asia. S/he will provide research, report-writing and conference-preparation support for CCAP’s projects focused on developing-country climate change policies.
- Research and quantitative analysis on developing-country climate and energy policies
- Policy analysis and writing for case studies, reports, memos, etc.
- Presentations/conference material preparation for upcoming conferences and help with general preparation for these events
- Writing blogs, issue briefs, and fact sheets
- Interaction with outside technical consultants, experts, and international policymakers on various assignments.
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental policy, international relations, political science, economics, environmental science or related field
- Coursework or experience in environmental, climate, and energy policy required
- Fluency in Spanish a plus
- Excellent research and writing skills required
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and timeliness with deadlines
- Experience with Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Prior experience a plus
How to Apply:
Applications, including a cover letter describing your qualifications, your resume (in Word or PDF format), and one writing sample (containing quantitative or technical analysis including spreadsheet, if possible) should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also reference where you learned of the position. In order to expedite the internal sorting and reviewing process, please type “Research Assistant” and your name (Last, First) as the only contents in the subject line of your e-mail. The Center for Clean Air Policy is an equal opportunity employer.
Center for Clean Air Policy, http://www.ccap.org
750 First Street NE, Suite 940, Washington, DC 20002