Senior Research Assistant/Research Analyst – Washington, DC
Organization: International Food Policy Research Institute
Position Title: Senior Research Assistant/Research Analyst
Location: Washington, D.C.
Hours & Compensation: Full-time. Salary commensurate with experience.
Application Deadline: None posted.
Posted On: June 17, 2013.
IFPRI is one of the international agricultural research institutes organized under the umbrella of the Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research (CGIAR). The mandate of IFPRI is to identify and analyze alternative national and international strategies and policies for meeting world food needs in ways that conserve the natural resource base, with emphasis on low income and on the poorer groups in the countries.
The International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) seeks a Senior Research Assistant/Research Analyst (SRA/RA) for an exempt, one-year, fixed-term, renewable appointment in its Director General’s Office. The SRA/RA will assist in the preparation of research and outreach publications and presentations related to food security, agricultural and rural development, and poverty reduction issues. The SRA/RA will also be assigned other duties as needed and work in close collaboration with the Director General, senior staff, and other staff as appropriate.
- Conduct literature reviews and synthesis;
- Assist in the preparation of reports, papers, policy briefs, journal articles, presentations, speeches, and other communication materials;
- Conduct quantitative analysis;
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
- Master’s degree in Economics, Agricultural Economics, International Development, International Relations, Public Policy, or a closely related field.
- At the Research Analyst level, substantial (2-3) years of post-Master’s experience in relevant work.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct research and perform quantitative analysis.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Ability to multi0task, consistently meet deadlines, and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Professional level of attention to detail and accuracy of work.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team-oriented, multi-cultural environment.
- Demonstrated fluency in written and spoken English.
- Familiarity with food security, agricultural and rural development, and poverty reduction issues in developing countries.
- Strong background in applied economics.
How to Apply: Apply online at http://www.ifpri.org
International Food Policy Research Institute, http://www.ifpri.org
2033 K Street NW, Washington, D.C. 20006