Program Coordinator – New York, NY
Position Title: Program Coordinator
Location: New York, NY
Hours & Compensation: Full-time. Salary commensurate with experience.
Application Deadline: None posted.
Posted On: June 19, 2013.
The mission of the Center on Global Energy Policy is to provide independent, balanced, data-driven analysis to help policymakers navigate the complex world of energy. It strives to be the premiere energy policy center in the world – a trusted objective source with a global perspective.
Reporting to and working closely with the Program Director of the Center of Global Energy Policy (CGEP), the incumbent coordinates and supports the Center’s research agenda, its services to students, faculty, visitors and other affiliates, and its events and programs on and off campus.
- Plans and coordinates events related to the Center’s research agenda. The Center hosts senior-level roundtables, a public speaker series, half- and full-day conferences, and other such events focused on the most relevant and interesting global energy policy issues. This position creates timelines, develops and manages guest lists and event registration, researches and secures venues and makes other logistical arrangements, provides on-site support, prepares agenda and other documents, and conducts background research.
- Assists in outreach and promotion of Center events. For all event types described above, duties include developing web text, posters and print advertising, and managing related web sites and email lists.
- Reviews and updates content for the Center’s websites, e-newsletters, social media, and PowerPoint presentations with the goal of disseminating cutting edge research to the widest audience possible, focused on maximizing public policy impact.
- Conducts literature reviews, drafts PowerPoint presentations, and consults basic sources such as the IEA, EIA, and OECD for data on global energy trends and markets, climate and environment, etc.
- Assists with the financial administration of the Center. Duties include preparing reimbursements, processing invoices, liaising with vendors and the SIPA Business Office, reconciling accounts, ordering supplies, etc., using the University’s Accounting and Reporting (ARC) system.
- Manages an extensive calendar for Center Director as well as travel arrangements for Center staff.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required. One year of related experience required.
- Must have excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills, as well as strong computer skills with proficiency in MS Office.
- Prompt responsiveness to emails and phone calls on nights and weekends is mandatory.
- Must be a self-starter and able to work independently and set priorities.
- Must be highly detail- and deadline-oriented, and conduct themselves with diplomacy and discretion while using mature judgment.
- Advanced degree in energy economics, political science, political economy, or a related discipline.
- Strong interest in energy policy and the mission of the Center.
- Comfortable working with high-ranking decision makers, senior government and diplomatic officials, current and potential funders, and Columbia senior management.
- Knowledge of University systems and procedures, and experience with social media tools (Twitter, Facebook, etc.) preferred.
How to Apply:
APPLICANTS MUST VISIT THE COLUMBIA JOB SITE TO APPLY AT: https://jobs.columbia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=136541.
Center on Global Energy Policy, http://energypolicy.columbia.edu
420 West 118th Street, New York, NY