Communications Coordinator (Intern) – New York, NY
Organization: Global Energy Initiative
Position Title: Communications Coordinator (Intern)
Location: New York, NY
Hours & Compensation: 20-25 hours a week. Unpaid.
Application Deadline: none
Global Energy Initiative is an international not-for-profit organization with the mission of promoting sustainable energy for all to fight energy poverty, protect environment, and mitigate effects of climate change. The GEI also aims to creating a new energy paradigm that would contribute to more equitable economic and social development to the benefit of entire humanity in general and the developing and least developed countries in particular.
We are looking for someone who can commit 20-25 hours a week. This immediately available position is initially for 3 months, with the possibly of continuation. This position is a great opportunity to be a part of a mission driven international organization while working with and learning from the experience of a senior nonprofit executive in all aspect of a nonprofit organizations operations.
Global Energy Initiative is seeking a Communications Coordinator (Intern) to assist in communications, marketing, outreach and event organizing functions of the organization. The selected candidate will also be assisting in cleaning and updating database of the organization. The Communications Coordinator will work closely with the management team in organizing the Global Conference on Energy Security and Sustainability at the United Nations on December 11-12, 2013.
Your other opportunities as Communications Coordinator will include:
- Sharing your innovative ideas in establishing Global Energy Initiative’s brand.
- Assisting in updating website and social media platforms
- Communicating with the high-level speakers
- Representing Global Energy Initiative in different meetings and conferences
- Commitment to the mission and goals of Global Energy Initiative
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Creative and resourceful abilities
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Ability to work independently
- Background in energy, sustainability and environment field is preferable
- Knowledge of social media and website updates will be very helpful
- Bachelor degree, but an advanced degree is preferred.
How to Apply:
No Phone Calls.