Administrator II/III, Campus Sustainability – Auburn, AL
Organization: Auburn University
Position Title: Administrator II/III, Campus Sustainability
Location: Auburn, AL
Hours & Compensation: Full-time. Salary will be commensurate with education and experience.
Application Deadline: August 2, 2013
Department: Executive Vice President Admin
Position Summary: Auburn University seeks applications for the position of Administrator, Campus Sustainability, who plans and manages campus sustainability programs and serves as an advocate for the advancement of sustainability at Auburn University.
Essential functions include, but are not limited to:
- planning, and implementing collaborative programs that promote sustainability
- assessing program needs; evaluating program success; collecting, analyzing, and reporting data and maintaining databases measuring campus sustainability performance
- developing reports
- promoting sustainability to campus and broader communities through written materials, educational and training programs, providing resources and information about sustainability
- contributing to development of message content and delivery through website, newsletter, and other media
- verbal presentations to faculty, staff, students, and other audiences; assisting the Director in managing office interns and part-time workers
- assisting with strategic planning, budget development, grant writing and reporting, and annual reporting
- serving on committees and attending meetings representing Office of Sustainability
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution and two years of project management experience with a sustainability-related program to include sustainability reporting, Greenhouse Gas inventorying, data gathering, and communications to include report writing and public speaking.
- Knowledge of management principles, practices, and ethics of sustainability is also required.
- Employer will consider advanced degrees in lieu of experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills, the ability to work well as a collaborative team member and with minimal supervision, be self-disciplined, highly organized, and professional and advanced computer skills in using Microsoft Office.
- Master’s degree from an accredited institution including course work related to sustainability or comparable experience
- familiarity with sustainability in higher education and sustainability-related topics such as energy management concepts and practices, transportation, water, food, green buildings, purchasing, revolving loan funds, and waste reduction
- experience successfully managing multiple responsibilities in a fast-paced and demanding environment
- experience with HTML, WordPress, and other web design tools
- use of CleanAir/Cool Planet Campus calculator tools
How to Apply:
Requisition No. 24718
Review Date 08-02-2013
Minorities and women are encouraged to apply.
Refer to the above Requisition # and apply on-line at:
Auburn University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
For assistance, contact Auburn University’s Department of Human Resources at (334) 844-4145.