Executive Internship – Washington DC
Position Title: Executive Internship – Fall 2013
Location: Washington DC
Hours & Compensation: Full-time. $10/day travel stipend
Application Deadline: August 30, 2013
Vision: GlobalSolutions.org envisions a future in which nations work together to abolish war, protect our rights and freedoms, and solve the problems facing humanity that no nation can solve alone. This vision requires effective democratic global institutions that will apply the rule of law while respecting the diversity and autonomy of national and local communities.
Mission: We are a membership organization working to build political will in the United States to achieve our vision. We do this by educating Americans about our global interdependence, communicating global concerns to public officials, and developing proposals to create, reform, and strengthen international institutions such as the United Nations.
- Assist the senior management team with planning, policy, government relations and development tasks
- Communicate with donors and foundations
- Attend speeches and receptions.
Demonstrated commitment to progressive social change
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good organizational skills, attention to detail, professional demeanor and the ability to juggle several tasks while meeting deadlines
Experience in a non-profit setting a plus
- Interest in international issues (ongoing or completed studies in international relations, political science, public policy, foreign affairs, or similar tracks of study)
- Interest or training in online advocacy
- General computer skills. Familiarity with Microsoft Office applications, especially Word and Excel a plus.
How to Apply:
To apply for this position send applications to Allyson Goldsmith (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the name of the internship you’re applying for in the subject line. Applications must include:
- A cover letter: must include your availability and your tentative start and end dates
- Writing Sample: Please submit a brief 2 page writing sample. You may use an excerpt from a paper written for academic or other professional purposes, although it should ideally focus on an issue with which we are engaged. Please no cut-off writing samples.