Program Associate – Montpelier, VT
Organization: Clean Energy Group/Clean Energy States Alliance
Position Title: Program Associate
Location: Montpelier, VT
Hours & Compensation: This is a full-time position, with responsibilities commencing immediately upon selection of the most qualified candidate. The position is currently funded for a period of two years.
Application Deadline: August 12, 2013
Clean Energy Group (CEG), a leading nonprofit advocacy organization working in the areas of clean energy policy and finance, seeks a Program Associate. This individual will work on state energy policy in conjunction with the Clean Energy States Alliance (CESA), which CEG staffs and manages. CESA is a coalition of the leading state clean energy programs working together to advance clean energy technologies and markets. The Program Associate will give particular attention to solar energy, but will also work on other topics. For more information about CEG and CESA, see www.cleanegroup.org and www.cleanenergystates.org.
The Program Associate will carry out research on clean energy policies and markets to support a range of CESA projects. The Associate will also help provide information, advice, and consulting services to individual CESA member organizations. The Associate will devote considerable attention to solar energy, but will also work on projects involving other technologies.
- provide information and analysis to support state clean energy programs, particularly in the area of solar energy
- monitor solar energy market trends and policy developments in order to communicate relevant information for state policymakers and agency staff members
- research and draft white papers, short reports, and memos on various clean energy policies and on strategies for states to use public funds effectively to advance clean energy
- carry out research tasks to assist senior CEG staff members
- track changes in clean energy policies and markets
- respond to requests for information and advice from CESA member organizations
- develop and maintain effective relationships with staff at CESA member organizations
- Occasional domestic travel is required. Business travel typically lasts from two to four days with some possible weekend travel necessary.
The ideal candidate will have:
- knowledge of clean energy issues and the types of policies used to advance clean energy at the state level
- understanding of the solar energy industry and the market for photovoltaic installations
- strong research skills
- ability to organize and keep track of detailed information
- excellent communication and writing skills
- flexibility, focus, and resilience in the face of competing demands for time and attention, and a rapidly evolving agenda
- Proficiency in MS Office programs
Education and Experience:
- Two years’ relevant work experience
- Undergraduate college degree.
- Masters degree in a directly related field
- Solid work experience in the solar energy industry or on clean energy policy
How to Apply:
Submit cover letter, resume, two references, and salary requirements via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject Line: Program Associate. Review of applications will begin on August 12th and will continue until the position is filled.