Development Data Administrator
Organization: Gulf of Maine Research Institute
Position Title: Development Data Administrator
Location: Portland, Maine
Hours and Compensation: not listed
Application Deadline: September 3, 2013
The Gulf of Maine Research Institute (GMRI) has emerged as a catalyst for solutions to complex challenges at the nexus of Maine’s marine ecosystem and our economy. GMRI is widely respected as one of the top marine research institutions in the Northeast. Our fusion of science, education, and community gives us range to effect change from multiple directions. Our objectivity and commitment to collaboration make us the go-to organization for communities grappling with contentious political issues and new business systems. We are making a long-term investment in science literacy as a cornerstone of a 21st century economy by providing programs to ignite the curiosity, ambition, innovation, and problem-solving potential of Maine’s next generation.
GMRI is seeking a Data Administrator to serve as a key member of our Development Team. The primary responsibility for the Data Administrator is to maintain accurate and up-to-date constituent and event records in a relational database [currently Raiser's Edge]. As much as 50% of this positions will focus on data entry and maintenance. The balance will involve extraction and formatting of mailing lists, reports, and other tools/analysis as needed for timely and effective donor cultivation solicitation, and stewardship, as well as a variety of tasks to ensure the security and integrity of the database and other online systems. This position requires an aptitude for maintaining high volumes of data with meticulous attention to detail and an ability to derive personal satisfaction from working behind the scenes to support the efforts other team members in fundraising and communications. It requires a self-starter, who can work both independently and in close collaboration with other team members, and who can prioritize effectively when faced with multiple competing demands.
Data management, Security training and support, GMRI appeals and constituent communications
GMRI will seek candidates with strong data entry, management, and analytical skills, multi-tasking ability, oral and written skills, a friendly and pleasant office and phone demeanor, familiarity with Microsoft Office software, prior administrative experience, project management skills, interest in working in a demanding and changing workplace, and an interest in marine education and research. Specific qualifications include:
B.A. or B.S. with demonstrated work experience in data entry and manipulation in a relational database (with direct experience in Raisers Edge or similar fundraising software a strong plus);
Skilled in exporting to and manipulating data in Excel and/or or report writing programs, as well as mail merge functions (experience with pivot tables a plus);
- Skilled in online biographical and other research;
- Technology savvy, with an orientation for troubleshooting and comfort navigating across multiple systems (working knowledge of online communications tools such as Constant Contact a plus);
- Highest level of attention to detail, accuracy, and confidentiality;
- Working knowledge of fundraising information resources, techniques, and strategies (direct experience in a fundraising environment a plus);
- Demonstrated knowledge of and sensitivity to the process and needs of relationship building, with an orientation toward the people behind the data;
- Interest in and inclination toward data analysis and streamlining of processes (e.g., through import functions) highly desirable;
- Highly organized, self-starter with experience managing and accomplishing multiple tasks;
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills with a variety of constituents;
- Ability to work well independently and as a team player with a sense of humor and ability to function in a fast-paced, energetic and rapidly evolving organization.
How to Apply
Please submit cover letter, resume, and the names and addresses of three references by September 3, 2013 to ensure full consideration. To apply for this position, please Click Here
Questions should be referred to email@example.com. Please note that we will not be accepting resumes sent to this email address. Incomplete applications will not be considered.