Executive Director, Tualatin Riverkeeper- Tualati, OR
Organization: Tualatin Riverkeeper
Position Title: Executive Director
Location: Tualati, OR
Hours and Compensation: Starting salary range is $45,000 – $75,000 commensurate with experience. Compensation package includes medical and retirement benefits and generous vacation and holiday leave. The Executive Director position is exempt and serves at the pleasure of the Board of Directors.
Application Deadline: Friday, September 6th, 2013.
Tualatin Riverkeepers is a 501 (c)(3) non-profit organization working to protect and restore Oregon’s Tualatin River system. Founded in 1990, TRK builds watershed stewardship through education, access to nature and citizen advocacy. More information is available at www.tualatinriverkeepers.org.
Tualatin Riverkeepers (TRK) is seeking a dynamic community leader to guide and implement a strategic long term vision for the health of the Tualatin River watershed, its people and wildlife. TRK is a collaborative, community-based organization seeking a change agent and relationship builder to broaden the scope of the environmental movement.
• Public Relations and Collaborations – The Executive Director plays a lead role as spokesperson for the organization and supports community collaborations on issues related to environmental policy, youth education, habitat preservation and public access to nature.
• Board of Directors and Committee Development – Provide leadership to TRK’s Board of Directors and volunteer committees.
• Organizational Development – Guide organizational strategic plan and vision development. Collaborate with Board and staff to develop and implement assessment tools for the strategic plan and related staff work plans.
• Staff management – Provide management and supervision of TRK program staff including staff development, work plans and evaluations.
• Financial management – Operate within the approved annual budget, coordinate annual audit and timely submittal of tax and financial reports to IRS and State.
• Fundraising – Responsible for the development and implementation of an organizational fundraising strategy to include membership, grants, events and large gifts to the organization.
• Commitment to the mission of Tualatin Riverkeepers, and a strong relationship with nature
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Public Policy, Law, Natural Resources, or related field. Master’s Degree preferred
• Five years management experience including fiscal management
• Successful fundraising track record
• Sales skills
• Proven ability to create and execute programmatic and business strategies
• Experience leading diverse teams
• Excellent communication skills: speaking, writing, and diplomatic
How to Apply
Applications must include a cover letter, resume, three references, answers to the supplemental questions and be received by 5:00 pm. Please send materials to the attention of Ms. Margot Fervia Neamtzu at 11675 SW Hazelbrook Road, Tualatin, OR 97062 or firstname.lastname@example.org
What is your definition of equity, diversity and inclusion?
What is your experience working with diverse teams and work styles?
Describe a time where you built a coalition around a cause?
Why is Tualatin Riverkeepers the organization you want to lead? Describe your first 90 days? (staff, communities, stakeholders, listening)
And please mention where you learned of this opportunity when contacting us. Thanks. (Orion magazine Grassroots jobsource)