Data Management Specialist- Northampton, MA
Organization: Center for Eco Technology
Position Title: Data Management Specialist
Location: Northampton, MA
Hours and Compensation: This is a full-time hourly position with benefits located in our Northampton office. Evening and weekend work may be needed. CET is an equal opportunity employer.
Application Deadline: not given
The Center for EcoTechnology’s Green Business Services department administers many programs which help businesses cost effectively improve environmental performance, primarily through recycling and energy efficiency.
This position is responsible for collecting and producing a wide variety of information and reports. It requires tracking, project management analysis, invoicing, and other internal and external data and communications related functions. The position requires excellent written communication skills, experience in data management and analysis, and reports to the Green Business Services Support Manager.
• Reporting – This position is responsible for compiling, editing and finalizing a wide variety of reports for both internal and external purposes, including customers and funders. Many reports will be data-driven requiring extracting information from multiple database sources; while others will be in a narrative format.
• Web site management – The Green Business Services department manages content on two Web sites. Using the WordPress platform, this specialist will make basic edits to existing content, create or edit new content, and make other additions/modifications to these websites. Web design work is not required.
• Data management – Using Salesforce, Excel, Access, and other possible data management tools, this position is responsible for effectively managing and modifying programs to capture information from our field staff and provide technical support to managers or field staff as needed. SharePoint is used to manage departmental documents and information and this specialist will maintain the architecture of this system for the department.
• Work flow and project management analysis – Using the tools mentioned above, this specialist will help the managers and Director evaluate the effectiveness of our services and provide suggestions to tweak our systems accordingly.
• Program Analysis – Again, using the tools above (or others), this specialist will monitor and track budget and deliverables. This person will be responsible for providing staff and management with clear indications on project deliverables progress and budget status at any given time.
• Invoicing – This specialist will create accurate, standardized, consistently-formatted invoices for customers on a timely basis according to program directives.
• Creating in Power Point/Graphic Design – This specialist may be assigned short-term projects to create educational materials including presentations, flyers, and other print/electronic materials.
Education and Experience Requirements
• College degree in communications, business administration, environmental sciences, or related field
• 1 year of data management, writing, and/or analysis experience
• Salesforce experience or training, strongly preferred
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to achieve the essential functions of this position:
• Organized and flexible person who thrives in an entrepreneurial, mission-driven culture with multiple customers and contracts
• Works toward clear goals in a team environment
• Good communication skills (written, phone, email, in-person)
• Excellent computer skills (databases, spreadsheets, word processing, social media)
• Strong commitment to non-profit community mission of CET
• Work-style – flexible, creative, self-directed, organized, professional, strong work ethic, patient, problem-solver
• Attention to detail and results oriented
How to Apply
Send cover letter and resume via email (email@example.com) to:
Amanda Bates, HR Assistant,
112 Elm Street, Pittsfield, MA 01201