Climate Science and Solutions Associate- Washington DC
Organization: The Climate Reality Project
Position Title: Climate Science and Solutions Associate
Location: Washington, DC
Hours and Compensation: full-time
Application Deadline: September 25, 2013
To achieve its objectives, The Climate Reality Project brings together a unique team of diverse professionals. Our in-house creative group draws on the expertise of artists, marketers, designers, communications professionals, and media producers recruited from the world’s leading agencies where they built the brands of such global innovators as Apple, Nike, and Virgin. Alongside them, our policy and solutions team is dedicated to keeping abreast of all developments in government and climate science. Together, they ensure our content is informed by the best available evidence and presented by the best available storytellers.
Climate Reality has offices in Washington, D.C. and Boulder, Colorado. The location of this position is in the Washington, DC office, within the Science and Solutions Team.
The Climate Reality Project, a nonprofit organization founded by former Vice President Al Gore, is offering a full-time position for a Climate Science and Solutions Associate. At The Climate Reality Project, our mission is to empower a global cultural movement demanding immediate action on the climate crisis. This position will play an integral role in a fast-paced organization that uses cutting-edge communications strategies to demonstrate the urgency and solvability of the climate crisis.
- Produce research to support Climate Reality’s programs and campaigns, drawing on deep expertise in climate science and policy, ranging from causes and drivers of climate change, to impacts and solutions.
- Review Climate Reality communications materials for accuracy and make necessary corrections.
- Advise staff, partners, and Climate Leaders on recent developments in climate change science.
- Stay abreast of the latest climate science developments at the national and global levels.
- Analyze, summarize and evaluate studies, reports and other technical publications on climate change.
- Develop, review and ensure high quality Climate Reality materials on climate science, including but not limited to fact sheets, talking points, memos, policy briefs, web pages, infographics, blog posts, social media, press releases, telephone press briefings, expert testimony, webinars, and public presentations.
- Represent the organization at climate science and policy briefings, meetings with climate scientists and technical experts, advocates from partner organizations, and at various external climate change events.
- Stay abreast of the latest developments in behavioral science and communications theory, as they pertain to climate change messaging and motivating people to take action on climate change.
- Analyze, summarize and evaluate studies, reports and other technical publications on behavioral science, communications theory and motivating people to take action on climate change.
- Represent the organization at behavioral science and climate messaging briefings, meetings with climate communications experts, and at various external climate change messaging / communications events.
- Advise staff, partners, and Climate Leaders on recent developments in behavioral and communications science as they relate to climate change action and messaging, so they inform the organization’s work.
- Other duties as assigned.
Master’s Degree, climatology, environmental science
How to Apply
Please indicate the title of the position you are responding to in the subject line and send a resume and cover letter to SolutionsJobs@Climatereality.com.