Associate Director, Consulting Services- Washington DC
Organization: Arabella Advisors, LLC
Position Title: Associate Director, Consulting Services
Location: 1201 Connecticut Ave. NW, Suite 300, Washington, DC, 20036, United States
Hours and Compensation: full-time, salary commensurate with experience
Application Deadline: not given
Arabella Advisors is a dynamic consulting firm dedicated to helping individuals, families, institutions, and corporations make better philanthropic decisions.
We influence hundreds of millions of dollars in contributions and grants, helping our clients fight hunger and disease, improve early childhood education and advance conservation, among other issues. We also help clients think through how to use their return-seeking investments to accomplish their philanthropic goals. We provide clear-eyed research and analysis of issues and nonprofit organizations as well as strategy development, management and evaluation support, enabling our clients to give with confidence. Our clients range from the world’s largest philanthropists to small family foundations and include the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, the Annie E. Casey Foundation, the Rockefeller Brothers Fund, The Kresge Foundation, the Mead Family Foundation, the Steans Family Foundation, Microsoft, Novartis and Hyatt Hotels.
Arabella Advisors seeks an outstanding project manager with exemplary client service skills to help our clients on a range of domestic and international issue areas. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to lead complex strategy, evaluation and implementation projects and work directly with high-profile clients as part of our entrepreneurial team motivated by social impact.
- Project Management (75%)
- Develop project team members
Serve as project manager on client projects; duties include drafting and managing complex project budgets and project timelines and overseeing cross functional teams
Design, implement and evaluate programs for clients; activities include stakeholder management, qualitative and quantitative research, convening design and management, key trends analysis and development of learning materials
Maintain strong client relationships, facilitate client meetings, and clearly communicate progress and findings Develop high quality products and presentations that meet client expectations; products include reports evaluating and analyzing grant-making programs, nonprofit sector analyses, presentations explaining new philanthropic opportunities, and landscapes exploring new issue areas
- Marketing and Business Development (20%)
- Draft proposals and develop budgets for prospective clients
Assist in the development of products and collateral that highlight the firm’s expertise and abilities, including Arabella issue briefs
Research and assist in cultivation of new clients and marketing channels
Support Managing Directors in identifying and pitching new opportunities, including drafting proposals
- Internal Projects (5%)
- Initiate and lead internal projects
Periodic Responsibilities and Tasks
- Present insights/findings at staff/consulting meetings (approx. quarterly)
- Contribute to team recruiting and hiring
- Graduate degree in a relevant field (business, public policy, etc.) preferred; BA required
- At least seven years of work experience with steadily increasing responsibility; some management experience preferred
- Experience in philanthropy, nonprofit management, business and/or consulting required
- Ability to manage and lead a complex project, to oversee and delegate to others on the team, and to meet deadlines required
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent customer service acumen
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced and changing environment
- Issue area expertise such as economic development, environmental sustainability, etc.
- Process expertise such as strategy development, program evaluation, nonprofit due diligence, or project implementation (such as convening planning and stakeholder management)
- Demonstrated ability to structure large amounts of information in a written document that is clear and easy to understand
- Strong research skills and an understanding of how to gather diverse sets of information from written documents and interviews
- Ability to work independently and as part of a tea
- Experience identifying and overseeing project sub-contractors
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Detail oriented
- Exceptional leader
- Sense of humor
Arabella Advisors Careers
Arabella’s core value is to create an outstanding place to work. We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. We encourage participatory decision-making and collaboration, while always keeping a sense of humor and goodwill. We encourage people to pursue their passions both inside and outside of work, respecting work-life balance.
In keeping with this core value, our firm is committed to providing excellent benefits to our employees. We are also dedicated to creating a fun, flexible and healthy work environment. Arabella offers 100% premium paid health, vision, dental, prescription insurance, long and short term disability, life insurance, personal and volunteer leave time, strong participation in an organization retirement plan, fitness benefit, pre-tax commuter benefit and more.
How to Apply
To apply, please submit a resume and thoughtful cover letter via the online portal