Donor Services Manager- Fairfax, VA
Organization: Galapagos Conservancy
Position Title: Donor Services Manager
Location: 11150 Fairfax Blvd, Suite 408, Fairfax, Virginia, 22030, United States
Hours and Compensation: This is a full time position with core working hours from 9 to 5 M–F. Salary is competitive based on skills and experience. A generous benefits package includes: health insurance, disability insurance, vacation and sick leave, half-day summer Friday schedule, flexible work schedule if needed, Simple IRA plan, and casual working environment. This position is classified as non-exempt from overtime pay as defined by the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Application Deadline: September 30, 2013
As the premier advocacy organization in the United States for conservation in the Galapagos Islands, our goal is the long-term ecological integrity of Galapagos and its unique marine and terrestrial ecosystems. As part of its program priorities, Galapagos Conservancy collaborates with and funds local and international partners in projects of innovative science, public policy, and conservation. Our grants support terrestrial and marine conservation programs and research, socio-economic studies, environmentally sustainable economic alternatives for a small resident population, capacity building, and help inform public policy at a local and national level. Please visit our website at www.galapagos.org to find out more about our organization.
The Donor Services Manager will report to the Director of Membership and Marketing and is responsible for all tasks related to gift and acknowledgement processing. The Donor Services Manager will be the primary customer service provider, via phone and email, for GC’s 10,000+ members. The ideal candidate will be an organized and systematic worker who values accuracy and clarity over speed.
- Manage the entire gift entry process, including but not limited to: opening mail, scanning and depositing checks electronically, charging credit card gifts, and data entry
- Manage the entire gift acknowledgement process, including but not limited to: sorting weekly donations by gift type, preparing and assembling letters and postcards, and mailing acknowledgement packages
- Answer donor inquiries and complaints by phone and email and enter changes accordingly in donor database
- Proactively sort and scrub contact data related to new prospects and existing donors
- Create follow-up communications for donors with transaction errors
- Utilize a variety of online banking and financial management websites to manage check, credit card, and corporate matching gifts
- Manage the GC monthly donor program (Galapagos Guardians)
- Process donations made through GC’s website
- Fulfill orders placed through GC’s online gift shop
- Work with a hired consultant to help manage fundraising state registrations
- Provide occasional support to other members of the GC staff when needed, and perform office management tasks, such as ordering supplies and mailing packages
Bachelor’s degree required with 1+ year of non-profit experience or 2+ years in a position with applicable experience
- Meticulous and detail-oriented, with a true appreciation for accuracy
- Enjoys repetitive tasks and appreciates a predictable weekly schedule of duties
- Database experience
- Customer-service oriented, with solid verbal and written communication skills
- Trustworthy and able to handle confidential information
- Comfortable using many different internet-based tools
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Interest in and understanding of general science and conservation issues
- Work easily with others in a small office environment
- Spanish language skills desirable, but not required
How to Apply
Resumes, cover letters, and salary requirements may be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for applications is September 30, 2013. Please do not follow-up unless contacted.