Senior International Water Organizer- Boston, MA
Organization: Corporate Accountability International (formerly Infact)
Position Title: Senior International Water Organizer
Location: 10 Milk St, Boston, Massachusetts, 02108, United States
Hours and Compensation: Commensurate with experience, with a generous benefits package including health, dental, FSA, 401 (k), ongoing training and growth opportunities. Upbeat, collaborative, and goal-oriented office atmosphere.
Application Deadline: not given
Corporate Accountability International, a powerhouse in challenging corporate abuse for 35 years, is seeking a Senior International Water Organizer to play a lead role in organizing pressure on the World Bank to end promotion of water privatization, while advancing the human right to water through the United Nations (UN) system. The Senior International Water Organizer will identify and engage key World Bank and UN constituencies; monitor World Bank and UN activities; mobilize advocates for public water services and systems; and carry out tactics that will build the power necessary to change policies and practices that advance the right to water.
Our Campaign to Challenge Corporate Control of Water has become a formidable force and the Senior International Water Organizer will be critical in accomplishing our ambitious plans. In 2010, in coalition with allies around the world, we helped advance recognition and implementation of the human right to water through the UN. Domestically, we have promoted dramatic shifts in public attitudes towards bottled water, with 40% of Americans going back to the tap since 2006. Corporate Accountability International has a long history of working directly with global governing bodies to achieve our vision, and we played a lead role in advancing the world’s first public health and corporate accountability treaty, the global tobacco treaty, through the World Health Organization.
The Senior International Water Organizer will work with a committed team of organizers and research staff. They will report directly to the International Water Campaign Director while also working closely with organizational leadership, including the Managing Campaigns Director and Research Director. The organization is made up of more than 60 smart and driven staff and interns working in a fast-paced and fun working environment with a network of members and allies across the world.
- Recruit and mobilize powerful advocates to end the World Bank’s promotion of water privatization.
- Hold in-person and phone meetings with NGO allies, economists, academics, policymakers and other experts.
- Build relationships with leaders in UN agencies and officials in key governments world-wide.
- Cultivate relationships with and coordinate strategy among allied organizations.
- Create materials and develop stories to engage and motivate Corporate Accountability International’s membership to support the campaign.
- Develop in-depth understanding of the World Bank, UN system and water privatization.
- Regularly evaluate progress against campaign objectives, and help develop effective ongoing strategies.
- Participate in organization-wide planning, fundraising and campaign activities.
- Maintain comprehensive, accurate and up-to-date files, records and systems.
- Recruit and manage interns.
- Participate in campaign activities and fundraising drives.
- Demonstrated commitment to corporate accountability, with a global perspective.
- At least five years of experience, including a background with corporate campaigning and international organizing.
- Experience organizing government officials, policymakers, NGOs, academics and other experts.
- Demonstrated ability to manage organizing projects, to develop and implement plans, and to track results.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to work well with a diverse group of people.
- Enthusiasm for national and international travel.
- Familiarity with international institutions a plus.
- Fluency in Spanish or French a plus.
How to Apply
Email letter of interest, resumé, and three to five references to Sarah Bennett at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please let us know where you heard about the position.