EDF Climate Corps Fellow
Organization: Environmental Defense Fund- Climate Corps
Position Title: EDF Climate Corps Fellow
Location: Multiple host locations throughout US
Hours and Compensation:
- 10-12 weeks Training: 4 days in May 2014; attendance is mandatory
- $1,250/week for up to 10-12 weeks + travel to Training and Fall Network Event
- Full-time; exact work schedule depends on host organization
Application Deadline: January 9, 2014
With world attention focused on both the environment and the economy, Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) is where policymakers and business leaders turn for win-win solutions. This leading green group, with programs from Boston to Beijing, has tripled in size over the past decade by focusing on strong science, uncommon partnerships and market-based approaches. You can be part of a vibrant workplace that welcomes diverse perspectives, talents and contributions, where innovation and a focus on results are a way of life.
EDF Climate Corps (www.edfclimatecorps.org) places top-tier graduate students in companies, cities, and universities to build and deliver customized energy management strategies and solutions.. Working directly with staff from operations, finance and sustainability departments, EDF Climate Corps fellows spend 10-12 weeks as energy problem solvers and organizational change agents.
Participating host organizations are at different points along the path of developing an overall greenhouse gas and energy management strategy. Depending on the host’s needs and opportunities, EDF Climate Corps fellowships can focus on a wide range of projects, from developing specific energy investment recommendations, to broader strategy work such as goal setting or employee engagement. . Each fellow is uniquely matched with a host organization based on the organization type and project focus, and the fellow’s unique skills and experience.
EDF Climate Corps is a one-of-a-kind fellowship that will give you invaluable on-the-ground experience in driving environmentally-focused initiatives from within an organization. In addition, EDF Climate Corps allows fellows to grow their network of sustainability professionals exponentially with established relationships with 100+ other fellows, 6 years of EDF Climate Corps alumni, EDF experts and contacts at host organizations to help you throughout your career.
Since 2008, EDF Climate Corps has placed nearly 400 fellows who have uncovered efficiencies that could save over $1.2 billion in net operating costs and cut the annual energy use of 150,000 homes.
Past EDF Climate Corps hosts include organizations such as Google, Adidas, General Motors, Smithsonian Institution, City of Los Angeles, Chicago Public Schools and over 250 other companies and public institutions.
- Developing a baseline of the organization’s existing energy usage through gathering detailed data on current energy consumption, interviews with key employees and outside vendors and professional energy audits.
- Identifying, analyzing and prioritizing energy efficiency and energy management opportunities.
- Modeling the financial and environmental impact, cost savings and performance enhancements of energy investments in various building systems
- Presenting the business case for new programs, strategic goals and initiatives, and energy investments to senior management and aligning with the organization’s broader values, priorities and objectives.
- Advising on overall greenhouse gas management and sustainability strategies, including how to implement new initiatives and technologies and educate, engage and drive behavioral and operational change amongst building occupants.
- Creating models or tools to support energy management decision making or benchmarking.
- Superior oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills
- Self-starter with strong project management experience
- Experience or graduate-level knowledge of financial analysis and/or project valuation.
- Resourcefulness and ability to work both independently and collaboratively on cross-functional teams
- Eligibility to work in the United States during the summer 2014 Preferred qualifications
- Currently pursuing or recently completed graduate degree
- Consulting, corporate advisory or large company experience
- Engineering or other technical background
- Demonstrated experience working on energy efficiency, energy or sustainability projects or initiatives
- Familiarity with climate change and energy issues and market-based approaches
- Passion for the environment and sustainable solutions
How to Apply
Please visit our website to submit your application: http://edfclimatecorps.force.com/login
Applications are due on January 9, 2014 at 5pm PT.
Learn more at http://www.edfclimatecorps.org and sign up for our mailing list about EDF Climate Corps 2014 (emails about the 2014 program only). If you still have questions, please email EDFClimateCorps.email@example.com. Keep yourself in the conversation by becoming a fan on Facebook and following us on Twitter and Instagram