University of St. Thomas Lab Instructor/Sustainability Coordinato- Houston,TX
Organization: University of St. Thomas
Position Title: Lab Instructor/ Sustainability Coordinator
Location: Houston, TX (downtown)
Hours and Compensation: not given
Application Deadline: not given
The University of St. Thomas, a private university committed to the liberal arts and to the religious and intellectual tradition of Catholic higher education, is seeking a Lab/Sustainability Coordinator/Instructor for the Department of Environmental Science and Studies. The University enrolls more than 3,700 students with its main campus located in Houston’s Museum District.
The mission of the Environmental Science and Studies Department is an integrated one, with the goals of preparing students for graduate studies or entry level positions in the environmental field, educating students as to the moral imperative to care for the earth, especially as articulated in the Catholic intellectual tradition, and enhancing the environmental awareness of individuals in the University and the community.
• The Lab/Sustainability Coordinator/Instructor reports to the Chair of the Environmental Science and Studies Department.
• The Lab/Sustainability Coordinator/Instructor will manage the University’s environmental laboratories, including general maintenance as well as maintaining chemical stores.
• The position is responsible for developing strategies for ensuring full compliance with all EPA and other state and federal regulations.
• The position will coordinate and expand sustainability programs in the areas of waste reduction and recycling, sustainable energy initiatives, and sustainable food systems.
• The incumbent will serve as Instructor of assigned introductory undergraduate environmental science courses (9-12 credits a school year).
• Various other duties may be assigned as needed.
• A Master’s degree in Environmental Science and Studies, Sustainability, or a related discipline, is required.
• A minimum of two years of professional experience in environmental sciences is preferred. Experience teaching in the sciences is preferred.
• Candidates should also have a commitment to liberal education and an openness to learning and promoting Catholic teachings regarding creation and the environment.
• The successful candidate should be organized and detail oriented and should have a basic working knowledge of Microsoft products, including Excel and Word.
• Prior experience with GIS software is preferred.
This is a full-time, benefit eligible position with field work required.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to the email below. Please note incomplete applications will not be considered.
(The email address was not actually provided in the job posting.)
Human Resources- Ref: 5313
University of St. Thomas
3800 Montrose – Houston, Texas 77006
The University St. Thomas is an Equal Opportunity Employer