Agricultural Policy Internship (Spring)- Arlington,VA
Organization: National Associate of State Departments of Agriculture
Position Title: Agricultural Policy Internship (Spring)
Location: 4350 Fairfax Drive, Suite 910, Arlington, VA, 22203, US
Hours and Compensation: $750 + Subway Expenses, 40 hours/week
Application Deadline: November 22, 203 (duration: Spring January-May, but it looks like this or a similar position is offered every semester)
NASDA is a nonpartisan, nonprofit association which represents the elected and appointed commissioners, secretaries, and directors of the departments of agriculture in all fifty states and four U.S. territories.
Our mission is to represent the state departments of agriculture in the development, implementation, and communication of sound public policy and programs which support and promote the American agricultural industry, while protecting consumers and the environment.
The National Association of State Departments of Agriculture (NASDA), headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, is seeking highly motivated public policy interns interested in learning about the legislation and regulations that impact American agriculture.
Applicants should be classified as a sophomore or greater by their academic institution and have excellent written and oral communication skills. A basic understanding of the legislative process is preferred but not required. This is a paid internship. Housing is not provided.
- Conduct research on various legislative issues of importance to NASDA’s membership
- Represent NASDA in Congressional hearings, conference calls, and other venues, and provide written analysis of these events to policy staff members
- Write articles covering various agricultural issues for NASDA’s weekly newsletters
- Manage logistics, provide operational support, and interface with senior state and federal agriculture policy makers in a fast-paced environment during NASDA’s Annual Meeting (Fall) or Winter Policy Conference (Spring)
- Answer phones, monitor Congressional calendar, manage House and Senate e-mail distribution lists, and distribute mail to staff
How to Apply
Submit the following documents to Amanda Bryant at firstname.lastname@example.org on or before the deadline for the semester that you are applying to intern.
- Resume with GPA included
- One writing sample that is one to two pages in length
- Two letters of reference