Conservation Program Coordinator- Columbus, Ohio
Organization: Sierra Club Ohio Chapter
Position Title: Conservation Program Coordinator
Location: 131 N. High St., #605, Columbus, OH, 43215, US
Hours and Compensation: Part time (Full medical, dental, & vision)
Application Deadline: December 20, 2013
The Sierra Club is the nation’s oldest, largest and most influential grassroots environmental organization. The Ohio Chapter includes more than 18,000 members and seven local groups working on conservation programs.
The Sierra Club, the nation’s oldest, largest, and most influential grassroots environmental organization, is seeking an independent, dedicated, and skilled individual to fulfill the role of Conservation Program Coordinator for the Ohio Chapter’s Clean Water Campaign.
The Clean Water Campaign works to engage, educate, and empower Ohioans to restore, improve, and protect our waterways. The Conservation Program Coordinator will help coordinate the Ohio Water Sentinel program within the Lake Erie region. Responsibilities include organizing water monitoring, watershed action, and awareness events. In addition, the coordinator will supervise Clean Water Fellowship students.
- Assisting with coalition building, issue research, and event planning
- Identifying funding and grants sources to advance conservation priorities
- Collecting, organizing, and analyzing water quality data
- Updating website and social media accounts regularly
- Creating flyers, brochures, post cards, and educational materials
- Writing newsletter articles and press releases
- Creating Convio emails, action alerts, and events
- Presenting to community, political, and governmental bodies
- Collaborating efforts with national, chapter and group staff
- Recruiting new members, volunteers, and leaders
Interested candidates should have BA/BS degree in Environmental Studies or a closely related field, at least 1-2 years of experience recruiting and working with volunteers in the environmental, political or other similar arenas. Candidates should have excellent written and oral communications skills, knowledge of environmental issues, demonstrated ability to work effectively with volunteers and mobilize community activism.
- Ability to work evenings and some weekend hours
- Valid driver’s license, satisfactory driving record, and own transportation required
- Proficiency with Microsoft office suite, social media networking, and web-based content management systems.
How to Apply
To apply, submit cover letter and resume to Matt Trokan (email@example.com) by the application deadline December 20th, 2013.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. Funding is currently available for 1 year but may be extended. To apply, submit cover letter and resume to Matt Trokan (firstname.lastname@example.org) by the application deadline December 20th, 2013.
Sierra Club is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. Ohio Chapter Sierra Club, 131 N. High St. Columbus, Oh 43215