Organization: Los Angeles Alliance for a New Economy
Position Title: Development Associate
Location: Los Angeles, CA.
Hours & Compensation: Not listed
Application Deadline: By March 2014
Exciting Opportunity for an Individual with Fundraising Experience and a Commitment to Economic Justice
Seeking a Development Associate to Join the Development Department at a Dynamic Progressive Organization
Founded in 1993, LAANE is a leading advocacy organization dedicated to building a new economy for all. Combining in-depth research, innovative public policy, and the organizing of broad alliances, LAANE promotes a new economic approach aimed at creating good jobs, thriving communities and a healthy environment. With an impressive track record of successful living wage campaigns, community benefits agreements, environmental policy and local hiring efforts, LAANE is at the forefront of the nation’s most dynamic progressive movement.
Position Description: LAANE is currently seeking a full time experienced Development Associate to help with strategy, implementation and maintenance of its private fundraising program. This is a great opportunity to join an expert and creative team of development strategists.
Position Responsibilities: Under the supervision of the Development Director, the Development Associate will be working with the Development team and will be responsible for:
- Identifying, sustaining and cultivating prospective and current donors.
- Working closely with the organization’s leadership and Advisory Board Members to develop cultivation plans.
- Managing and organizing all aspects of fundraising events.
- Design of materials for outreach and events, including save the dates, e-vites, invitations and program book
- Managing collaborative projects with various organization departments.
Qualifications: Applicants must demonstrate people skills and a comfort level with a wide variety of social sectors that make up the world of fundraising, as well as a strong commitment to economic justice. Ability to work independently is essential, as well as a creative, bold and innovative approach in strategic thinking. Minimum Bachelors degree; fundraising certification a plus.
- Excellent analytical , written, verbal, communications, creative and computer skills
- Experience in donor cultivation and fundraising
- Past project management experience, especially in development preferred
- Strategic thinker in marketing our work
- Motivated self-starter and fearless innovative personality who comes up with new ways to network and fundraise.
- Able to work well in a team setting
- Interpersonal skills, with ability to socialize with a broad spectrum of donors
- Design skills, preferably Adobe CS Design Suite, Including: In Design, Fireworks, Photoshop, Illustrator etc.
- Experience with HTML, donor database management and email marketing applications
Terms of Employment: LAANE offices are located in Los Angeles. LAANE’s salary and benefit standards are very competitive. Full health benefits; 401k; generous time off; parking offered. Friendly, team-oriented working environment.
LAANE is an affirmative Action Employer. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
Application Process: This position will be filled by March 2014. Email cover letter and resume to Trebor Healey at Developmentjob@laane.org. No phone calls please. Applicants who do not meet the minimum requirements will not receive a response.