Intern-Health Transformation and Integration-VA
Organization: Association of State and Territorial Health Officials
Position Title: Health Transformation and Integration Intern
Location: Arlington, VA
Hours & Compensation: 20 hrs/week. Paid
Application Deadline: February 28, 2014
The Health Transformation and Integration Intern reports to the Senior Analyst of Primary Care, and assists ASTHO in supporting a Primary Care and Public Health Integration collaborative and its committees (Successes, Resources, Measures, Value Proposition, Communications, and Workforce).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Research and develop case studies on state health programs that include collaborations with primary care or healthcare to improve population health.
- Conduct a literature review and environmental scan of the business case for primary care and public health integration, which will lead to a final document of recommendations for further research.
- Collects, analyzes and disseminates information through the web site, bi-weekly newsletter, and e-mail.
- Maintains the success story website form and posts information as it is submitted.
- Assist with logistics and developing background materials for committee calls.
- Assist with planning and logistics for an in-person primary care and public health integration meeting.
- Provide written meeting notes and any action steps.
- Report on any emerging issues brought up during the meetings.
- Support development of a website to house success stories and resources of primary care and public health integration, including categorizing stories, and working with CMS content management system.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree required. Strong preference for Master’s level experience in Public Health, Political Science, or Public Policy. Experience or interest in working on primary care and public health integration related issues is strongly preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment, manage multiple projects and complete assigned tasks in a timely manner;
- Experience working with websites and content management systems a plus.
- Experience conducting literature reviews and querying academic journal articles;
Knowledge of Microsoft Office, as well as basic knowledge and ability to use other software applications
How to apply:
Submit resume, cover letter, and writing sample not to exceed two pages to firstname.lastname@example.org
Senior Director, Human Resources
Association of State and Territorial Health Officials
2231 Crystal Drive, Suite 450
Arlington, VA 22202
FAX: 571 527 3189