Program Associate-New York, NY
Organization: Enterprise Community Partners
Position Title: Program Associate
Location: New York, NY
Hours & Compensation: Full time
Application Deadline: Not listed
Enterprise seeks a talented individual with good project management skills to join the Sandy Recovery & Resilience initiative as a Program Associate in our New York office.
Enterprise is the leading provider of financing, expertise and policy leadership for creating and preserving affordable housing. Over the past 30 years, Enterprise has raised and deployed more than $11.5 billion to build and preserve 300,000 affordable homes nationwide. In New York,
Enterprise has deployed more than $2.3 billion to create preserve or 35,000 affordable homes. We serve as a trusted partner to community-based affordable housing organizations, providing development, construction, asset management, energy efficiency, and organizational capacity-building expertise.
The devastation unleashed by Hurricane Sandy was a stark reminder of the importance of having a safe place to call home. It has again called attention to the fact that our most vulnerable residents also have the least means to adapt amid a crisis. Where the effects of the climate crisis are concerned, this vulnerability extends beyond individuals to low-income communities as a whole, and the community-based organizations that serve them.
Enterprise is committed to ensuring that the New York region’s affordable housing infrastructure has the resilience necessary to provide shelter and services to low- and moderate-income individuals and families during and after extreme weather. Building on our history and on our post-Hurricane Katrina experience of rebuilding nearly 10,000 homes, Enterprise responded to the Sandy aftermath with a thoughtful recovery effort that bridges immediate response and long-term resilience.
The goals of our Sandy program are:
1. Ensure that Sandy-affected communities, especially those with low and moderate income residents, receive adequate public and private resources to rebuild effectively and efficiently;
2. Support redevelopment of existing affordable housing in vulnerable areas to be sustainable and resilient;
3. Support community-based organizations in developing disaster preparedness resources, protocols, and skills. The ideal candidate will bring exceptional project management skills, with demonstrated ability to manage vendors and budgets to deliver projects on schedule.
Prior experience in emergency management or disaster response; knowledge of affordable housing operations; familiarity with building science / energy efficiency, and construction are desirable.
• Under general supervision, manage the production of resiliency-related toolkits and guidebooks from inception to finished product, including vendor, timeline, and budget management.
• Under general supervision, convene expert stakeholders for the purpose of discussing and distilling resiliency best practices
• Work closely with staff based in New York and elsewhere to execute assigned elements of the Sandy program
• Maintain a high standard of technical soundness and customer service for all work
• Provide trainings and presentations for internal and external audiences as needed
• Undergraduate degree and at least four (2) years relevant experience; graduate degree in City Planning, Public Administration, Business Administration, or related fields may be substituted for up to one (1) years of experience
• Experience in roles that require coordination of external stakeholders
• Demonstrate superior organizational and project management skills
• Mature understanding workplace expectations in a highly collaborative, large mission-driven organization
• Understands the broad context of sustainability in affordable housing, including community, politics and systems.
• Advanced oral and written communication skills.
• Desire to cultivate deep understanding of Enterprise’s corporate vision, organizational priorities, and culture.
How to apply:
Please visit our careers website at: