Temporary Marketing & Communications Project Manager-Beverly Hills, CA
Location: Beverly Hills, CA
Hours and Compensation: Temporary. $4500 / month
Application Deadline: Not listed.
Responsibilities include managing communications, including press releases, blog posts, social media posts, talking points, images, multimedia and website copy related to:
- The current drought and TreePeople’s response
- 2014 TreePeople Fact Sheet
- TreeMapLA.org, a new online platform launching in February.
- New[[http:TreePeople.org|TreePeople.org]] website launching in February.
- PBS The Visionaries TreePeople episode airing on March 15.
- Programs by Nigel Tapper, Australian drought specialist, March 23 – 25.
- Save the Concrete campaign slated to begin April 1.
- Developing and managing work plan to deliver these projects.
- Assembling, writing and editing content as needed.
- Supervising production as needed (design, images, multimedia).
- Placing content in appropriate media, including media relations.
The Temporary Marketing & Communications Project Manager reports to the Director, 40th Anniversary Initiative, and works in close collaboration with TreePeople staff.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in either, or both, marketing and communications
- Experience in writing or editing content for traditional media as well as social media (Facebook, YouTube, Twitter and blogs) and websites
- Experience in media relations a plus
- Highly organized
- Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Background in a creative environment a plus
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
- Experience in non-profits a plus
Begins immediately. Compensation $4500 per month.
To apply, please send a resume and samples of work to: Jodi Toubes, Director of Human Resources & Administration, TreePeople, email@example.com.
TreePeople is an equal opportunity employer.
TreePeople’s work is about uniting the power of people, trees and nature-based solutions to grow a sustainable future for Los Angeles. Our goal is to create abundant tree canopy and ample local water supply in even the most over-paved parts of our city. We bring communities together to restore the natural watershed, and in so doing help nature heal our city.
TreePeople was born from the efforts a teenager over 40 years ago. Since then, more than two million people of all ages have joined in the positive work of reclaiming a healthy environment across Los Angeles. Together, we’re making a difference in our homes, our schools, our neighborhoods and in the local mountains. As we build volunteer leaders in our communities, we also advocate at the highest levels of government for policies that make a significant difference to our ecosystem, communities and economy.
How to apply:
Send resume and samples to:
Jodi Toubes, Director of Human Resources & Administration, TreePeople