Food Policy and Research Intern-San Francisco, CA
Organization: Center for Food Safety – San Francisco
Position Title: Food Policy and Research Intern
Location: San Francisco, CA
Hours and Compensation: $12/hour. 40 hours/week.
Application Deadline: April 11, 2014
The Center for Food Safety (CFS) is a nonprofit public interest and environmental advocacy organization working to address the impacts of our industrial food production system on human health, animal welfare and the environment. CFS works to achieve its goals through legal and policy initiatives, grassroots campaigns, public education, and media outreach.
CFS is seeking a highly motivated intern to work on cutting-edge food issues including organic agriculture, genetically engineered foods (GMOs), climate change and food, food safety and CAFOs/factory farms. Interns help with research, writing, public outreach efforts, and policy campaigns. This is a great opportunity for those with a knowledge of and passion for the food movement who are interested in policy and grassroots advocacy. The internship is for a minimum of 3 months with an option to extend for up to one year.
– Excellent written and oral communication skills; strong research skills
– Ability to work independently, a self-starter, and able to juggle and prioritize multiple projects
– Highly professional, adaptable, and accountable
– Experience with or knowledge of the good food movement, environmentalism, climate science, and/or sustainable agriculture
– Bachelor’s degree or significant work experience in science, policy, public outreach/education, or related field
– Strong working knowledge of social media/web platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, WordPress etc.)
How to apply:
Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org explaining experience and/or interest in organic food and agriculture, food safety, and environmental issues. Applications reviewed on a rolling basis.