Advocacy Coordinator-Augusta, ME,US.
Organization: Maine League of Conservation Voters
Position Title: Advocacy Coordinator
Location: Augusta, ME,US.
Hours and Compensation: 30,000 – 32,000/annual.
Application Deadline: March 31, 2014
Maine Conservation Voters/Maine Conservation Alliance, two statewide, nonpartisan, nonprofit organizations, are seeking a shared full-time Advocacy Coordinator to implement our organizing and communications programs, oversee data management, and manage specific projects like MCV’s Environmental Scorecard.
Maine Conservation Voters plays a critical role in turning public support for conservation into new laws to protect our air, land, water and wildlife. As a result of successful campaign strategies, a focused policy agenda, and sharp accountability tools, we are building Maine’s environmental movement into a powerful political force.
Maine Conservation Alliance unites the environmental community to voice support for our waters, clean air, natural areas and human health. We also give Maine people the tools and information they need to get involved in protecting our extraordinary state.
- Engage MCV and MCA members and recruit new activists to participate in MCV and MCA campaigns, especially to take action on the issue of climate change;
- Build relationships with new allies including businesses in the natural resource sector;
- Supervise volunteers and interns;
- Manage our database and track data from the field;
- Help MCV and MCA reach a broader audience by maintaining our websites and social media presence, coordinating our member communications, and reaching out to the press;
- Oversee MCV programs, materials and publications like our Environmental Scorecard, Governor’s Report Card, and e-newsletter;
- Identify, coordinate and staff outreach events and represent MCV and MCA to the public;
- Help coordinate meeting logistics and materials and other administrative tasks as needed; and
- Provide support for Executive Director, Development Director, Political Director and Boards of Directors
- One – two years of experience in advocacy, community or political organizing;
- Passion for making change on issues like climate change, clean water, land conservation, healthy food, and an open, fair and transparent government;
- Willingness to recruit activists and new allies and ask them to take action on pressing issues;
- Strong writing skills;
- A team player who is comfortable managing several responsibilities and pitching in where needed;
- Proficiency with office computer programs, online communications, social media, and website maintenance;
- Sense of humor, self-motivated and grace under pressure;
- Willingness to staff outreach events and work nights and weekends, when needed; and
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Experience working with the media a plus.
- Experience with database management a plus.
- Nonprofit experience preferred.
How to apply:
MCV will accept resumes until March 31st. Please send a cover letter, your resume and a writing sample via email to email@example.com.