International Policy Summer Internship-Washington DC.
Organization: Center for Clean Air Policy
Position Title: International Policy Summer Internship
Location: Washington DC
Hours and Compensation: Paid.
Application Deadline: Not listed.
he Center for Clean Air Policy (CCAP) has an opening for a graduate-level international policy summer internship based in Washington, D.C. Since 1985, CCAP has been a recognized world leader in climate and air quality policy and is the only independent, non-profit think-tank working exclusively on those issues at the local, national and international levels. CCAP helps policymakers around the world to develop, promote and implement innovative, market-based solutions to major climate, air quality and energy problems that balance both environmental and economic interests.
The intern will support CCAP’s Mitigation Action Implementation Network (MAIN) initiative, which seeks to catalyze the development of climate change mitigation policies in developing countries in Latin America and Asia. S/he will provide research, report-writing and conference-preparation support for CCAP’s projects focused on developing-country climate change mitigation policies.
This position is a paid 12-week internship, available for summer 2014. Responsibilities will cover a variety of tasks, including:
- Research and quantitative analysis on developing-country climate and energy policies
- Policy analysis and writing
- Preparation support for workshops and stakeholder meetings
- Interaction with outside technical consultants, experts, and international policymakers on various assignments.
- Current graduate student from a program in public policy, international relations, economics, environmental science or related field
- Coursework or experience in environmental, climate, and energy policy required
- Fluency in Spanish, including the ability to speak and write to policy audiences a plus
- Excellent research and writing skills required
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Prior experience a plus
How to apply:
Applications, including a cover letter describing your qualifications, your resume (in Word or PDF format), and one writing sample should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also reference where you learned of the position. In order to expedite the internal sorting and reviewing process, please type “International Policy Internship” and your name (Last, First) as the only contents in the subject line of your e-mail. No phone calls please.
The Center for Clean Air Policy is an equal opportunity employer.