Systems Coordinator-Chicago, IL.
Organization: Greenheart International
Position Title: Systems Coordinator
Location: Chicago, IL.
Hours and Compensation: $35K or commensurate with experience
Application Deadline: Not listed
Greenheart International (f.k.a. Center for Cultural Interchange) is a nonprofit committed to connecting people and planet to create a more peaceful and sustainable global community. We achieve this through a unique and diverse collection of programs fostering cultural exchange, eco-fair trade, volunteerism, personal development and environmentalism. Greenheart encompasses four main branches: CCI Greenheart, Greenheart Travel, Greenheart Shop, Greenheart Transforms, and two partners: Greenheart Music, and Greenheart Ibiza. Within CCI Greenheart, we have 3 departments that are J-1 designate by the U.S. Department of State to bring international university students to the United States on a cultural exchange program that allows them to study, work or intern (depending on the program). As the only non-profit green J-1 visa sponsor, we pride ourselves on providing a quality experience, while encouraging and enabling CCI Greenheart staff, participants and other stakeholders to work together on projects that promote environmentalism and sustainability. Greenheart greatly invests in our employees by offering a generous time off policy, competitive health care benefits, many training and team-building activities through the year, personal and transformative workshop opportunities and the privilege to work with the leader in the exchange industry.
Start Date: ASAP
• Support the work of the Systems Manager for “Work Programs”
• Great opportunity for anyone with sincere interest or experience in web development or business analysis roles
• Big Data solutions and architecture: create, maintain, test and evaluate
• Production of deliverables documents for web development projects
• Act as a liaison between staff (and, occasionally, other stakeholders) and developers from our web development vendor. You’ll become knowledgeable in all aspects of the programs, on both the business and technical levels, through regular interaction with staff and the development team
• Assist in database system rewrite: managing the product lifecycle from inception, through planning, development, quality assurance testing, documentation and rollout
• Creation of ad-hoc SQL reports or edits to existing production reports
• Confidence interacting with other staff to collect complete information on bug reports or feature requests
• Ability and interest in learning the business requirements and processes of CCI Greenheart’s “Work Program” exchange programs
• Working knowledge of SQL (T-SQL) and a solid understanding of the technologies and protocols employed in modern web development
• Detail-oriented and have a proven ability to juggle and effectively prioritize multiple tasks while keeping an eye on the bottom line
How to apply:
Please submit your resume, cover letter, and two letters of recommendation to firstname.lastname@example.org