Our ProgramThe curriculum for the Advanced Performance Studies program includes weekly private lessons, full participation in the Bard Conservatory orchestra and chamber music programs, and the opportunity to audit or enroll in most courses throughout the College.
ESL classes are available as an elective for international students who wish to improve their skills in English.
- 36 hours of course credits (required and elective courses)
- Four semesters of residence
- Private instruction each semester
- Chamber music and orchestra each semester
- Two solo recitals
- CNSV 500 (studio instruction) 3 credits
- CNSV 511 (chamber music) 2 credits
- CNSV 562 (orchestra) 2 credits
- Elective by advisement 3 credits
Program Fees & ExpensesFor the 2014/15 academic year tuition, fees and expenses were as follows:
Tuition: $38,028 per year.
Health Insurance: $1,402*
Bard Health Services Fee: $470**
Dormitory Housing: $7,084.00***
*This is mandatory for those students who do not already have health insurance. Those students who have an independent insurance plan may submit a waiver. For more information on this process please click here.
** This fee is mandatory for all Bard students.
***For more information about accommodations on and off-campus for graduate students please click here.
For more information about health insurance for students at Bard please click here.
A more detailed information pack will be supplied to incoming students. Please contact health services at 845-748-7077 or via email at email@example.com with any questions.