Our ProgramThe program allows students to expand their knowledge of the core collaborative piano repertoire; to get experience in playing for high-level undergraduate and graduate students under the mentorship of master musicians; and to deepen their musical understanding through the guidance of the distinguished faculty of The Bard College Conservatory of Music.
- Approximately 20 contact hours per week allows ample time for individual practice, study, and preparation.
- Piano fellows are responsible for playing for studio lessons, master classes, rehearsals, auditions, and performances for the undergraduate instrumental students of The Bard College Conservatory of Music and the graduate vocal students of the Graduate Vocal Arts Program (Dawn Upshaw, Artistic Director). In this capacity they play for and are coached by the faculty and guest artists of The Bard College Conservatory of Music.
Program Fees & Expenses
- Two-year program (second year contingent on positive evaluations in first year)
- Yearly stipend of $28,000 to cover living expenses.
- Students are expected to be in residence at Bard for the entire academic year, which runs from September through May with a month-long break in January.