Contact us at [email protected].
What is the attendance policy?
Students are required to attend all days and classes for the duration of the camp. If there are special circumstances that may affect camp attendance, please discuss this with us before registering.
What is your withdrawal policy?
- Students withdrawing before May 13, 2023 will receive a 100% tuition refund, minus the $25 registration fee.
- Students withdrawing between May 13 and June 10, 2023 will receive a 50% tuition refund, minus the $25 registration fee.
- After June 10, 2023, NO REFUNDS will be given.
Families choosing to withdraw must notify us of that intention via email at [email protected] no later than June 10th.
Do you provide financial aid or discounts?
- Bard College employees receive a 10 percent discount.
- A very limited amount of financial aid is available students, based on demonstrated need.
- To be eligible, a family must demonstrate that its resources are insufficient to cover the total cost of tuition. To submit a request for financial aid, please fill out the scholarship application form. All information is confidential.
- SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED BY MARCH 10, 2023.
Do campers need to have prior musical experience or experience on their instrument of choice?
No prior musical experience is required to attend Bard Music Camp. We welcome beginners and students who are trying out a new instrument for the week.
Is it possible to study two instruments?
Yes, students can study 2 or even 3 instruments during the week. The cost for each additional instrument is $270 and the student receives 3 lessons on each instrument for which they are registered.
What is the Advanced Piano Program?
The Advanced Piano Program is for serious pianists who are looking to have more intensive classes geared towards their piano studies.
Courses include Piano Repertoire, Technique, and Performance classes, in addition to Masterclasses with camp piano faculty.
The program will be incorporated into the regular Full Day Program.
There is no additional cost for the Advanced Piano Program.
Tuition is included with Bard Music Camp's Full Day Program ($700)
Students will be accepted by audition only.
Students will be notified of the results by May 17.
All materials must be submitted by May 13th.
- Audition videos (please submit 2-4 videos)
- Biographical Information (music background)
- Repertoire List
- Additional materials may be requested
Please fill out the Advanced Piano Program Audition Form AFTER you have submitted the Registration Form for Bard Music Camp's Full Day Program.
What is the typical level of pieces a pianist in the Advanced Piano Program would have in their repertoire?
Pianists in the Advanced Piano Program typically should have the following pieces (or of similar level) in their repertoire:
Haydn, Mozart, Beethoven Sonatas (not Sonatinas)
Chopin Etudes, Ballades, Impromptus, Scherzos
Rachmaninov Preludes, Etudes
Are there opportunities for additional private lessons during and after camp?
- Yes, at an additional cost of $90 per hour.
- Depending on the teacher’s schedule, these extra lessons may take place during or after camp hours.
- Private lessons are also available during different weeks. Please contact the directors for more information.
Is it possible to sign up for individual classes?
No. Lessons, classes, and ensembles are only offered as part of the Full Day Program.
Is the camp schedule the same every day?
The daily schedule changes a bit each day. Campers will receive their schedule for the week on the first day of camp.
What is the Saturday schedule?
- Camp week 1 will culminate in a recital on Saturday, July 8 at 11AM
- Camp week 2 will culminate in a recital on Saturday, July 15 at 11AM
- The recital will be the final event of the camp week.
Do you have overnight accommodations for students?
No. This is a day camp and all families are responsible for finding their own accommodations.
Does Bard Music Camp provide instruments?
With the exception of piano and percussion, Bard Music Camp does not provide instruments. Students need to bring their own instrument each day of the camp. We are happy to provide references for local music shops that offer rentals during camp weeks if you do not already have an instrument to use.
Is lunch provided?
Lunch is not provided. Students should bring their own lunch and snacks.
Where does the camp take place?
The camp takes place in the László Z. Bitó ’60 Conservatory Building on the Bard College campus.